"Goose", My 1980 Suzuki GS550

Silver dot phantoms used to the hot ticket for racing back in the day. Those are really old.

8ede5420.jpg

Fender ideas?

4cc8ec86.jpg

Don't lose these little guys like I almost did!

50d934fa.jpg

This is the "before" picture. The "after" will hopefully be the stock tach in the modified stock mount. I will most likely get a different tach when this doesn't work.

Just curious- why won't it work? Too big and/or clunky?

240, I dunno if you saw it but I put my stock speedo inside of my headlight bucket. Might work for you depending what gauges you plan on keeping.

It has weird mount things sticking off. Maybe I could shave the plastic down and make it look decent. Love the tach in headlight but my light is too thin. Bummer. Ive also been thinking about finding a different light because I dont dig how large this one is.
Waiting on a rear tire, new chain, grips, and some minor wiring and it will be running again.
Also need to fab up some kind of muffler silencer. Money is slowly coming in.

4c37c540.jpg

More parts this week! Been missing my bike so bad.
Also starting rebuilding my old motor for a dry lake racer.

e3973130.jpg

Modded for tubeless tires. I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope nothing terrible happens.
5b2653c5.jpg

Mounted and ready.
5af4418b.jpg

Figuring something out. Something rad. Something sexy. Cardboard is the beginning of sexy.

I agree ! Cardboard is the start of sexiness ...but I had never thought of using it for exhaust!
How does it sound and do you carry a fire extinguisher? ;D

Weezy said:
I agree ! Cardboard is the start of sexiness ...but I had never thought of using it for exhaust!
How does it sound and do you carry a fire extinguisher? ;D

Hahaha Jim Carey had it right in The Mask... sscccchmokin!

Erskine said:
CAD will never be a substitute for Cardboard :)

Got that straight!

Garage Rat said:
Think your gonna get good flow through that bend?

It'll go like stink... ha!

240punk said:
Recycle your exhaust!!! :p

Mock up
b5e96a1b.jpg

Can't get these damned intakes off
1c441125.jpg

Next project
af09f334.jpg

Love it! That mock up is the biz, that's gonna be one sweet ride when you're done :D

You need lots of penetrating oil and an impact driver on those intake boot screws, then replace them with stainless allen heads and use anti sieze when putting them back on...

New intakes, clamps and carbs mounted.
Using some m6-1x16mm allen head bolts to replace the jacked screws.
c8d90211.jpg

Also got a little deeper in my old engine.
Pistons and rings are fine so I guess it was the head causing problems.
a39d36cb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom