Speedy's Triumph Hardtail build

Started!

http://s305.photobucket.com/user/lamoreuxh/media/Mobile%20Uploads/VID_20330407_093930_zpsfkqrxy4b.mp4.html

I don't think I posted a pic of the completed project. So here she is. Rode her all summer. Running strong.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1430128121809.jpg
    FB_IMG_1430128121809.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 2,287
I'm currently converting my 70 Tiger to disc brakes. Could you post a detailed pic of the rear master cylinder hook up to the pedal. It's the last obstacle I need to tackle. I notice the brake line runs under the frame from the M/C, if it were me I would route it on top of the frame where it can't get snagged by something you ran over or won't boil the fluid being in front of the exhaust exits.

On the rear brake pedal-
I used a brake pedal from a OIF Triumph. I repositioned the lever on the inside to turn down. Pushing the MC instead of pulling the drum brake rod. The Nissin MC had some cast nubs that limeted my options for positioning the brake line. If I turned the line up, it was too close to the chain. So I went with it under the frame. Yeah, I could have cut the nubs off the MC but I didn't..... Guess I got lazy on that one. Ah well, so far it's been fine. It's tucked under there pretty tight. And not as close to the exhaust as it looks. If it becomes an issue I'll work it out. I'll snap a pic for you. Back in a sec....

Here ya go. Sorry, kinda hard to see everything going on there.

Attachments

• IMG_20160117_121714121.jpg
    IMG_20160117_121714121.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 335
I understand it now, I thought the M/C was a puller not a plunger, so I see how easy it will be to mod. Thanks for that pic. I'm putting dual disc front, single disc rear Kimtabs on my 70 Tiger, never seen one done before with them, or any early stock type 650 with disc brakes. Cut the nub and fix the line, easy enough to do.

Back
Top Bottom