Anyone living in Germany?

sham

Been Around the Block
Hi all,

I've managed to locate a very cheap OEM ignitor for my kz. Problem is the seller will only ship within Germany. Is there anyone on this forum who's living in Germany and would be kind enough to let me mail to them, and for them to mail to me in Australia? I'll be paying for all the postage of course.

Thanks in advance.

Hope you find the help you need - I shipped an entire bike ('89 Yamaha TZ-250) to Australia a few years back...it was fun working with the gent!

lol was it worth it? i've had a friend's dad ship his harley but he only did it for sentimental reasons - he said he paid a lot more than its worth in tax.

It seemed the only reason the guy wanted to ship the whole bike is there just aren't very many TZ's around. They've either meet their fate on the race track or have been parted out. Mine was in really good shape and I raced it a couple times a year. To him it was very worth it but I thought it was too much. Not sure what he paid for tax for but $1100 US for shipping on a bike that cost $3500 US to me was way too much...

If you find something in the states that meets your needs, let me know and I'm sure we can figure it out.

Thanks for the offer. Might hold you to that some time down the track :)
Yeh bikes here are a lot more expensive than in the states from what I can see. People talk about picking bikes up for 100 bucks or so on this forum, but I don't think that ever really happens here - even if its a total piece of junk. So perhaps the shipping fee wasn't that much in the overall scheme of things. From eBay and all, a very basic working bike will be just over 1000 from what I've seen.

Anyways, I believe the German seller is going to ship to me for the same price as domestic - I've offered to send him additional money but he hasn't said anything, so that was really nice of him. Hopefully it will arrive safely in one piece and finally haul this bike off its ass.

sham said:
Anyways, I believe the German seller is going to ship to me for the same price as domestic ...

So that means your problem is already being solved?

Viele Grüße
Sven

I believe so. There might be a communication error or two, but I put in a German address of a friend's friend as well, so hopefully I'll get it somehow. I'll let you know how it is when I do - he might be a good resource for you if you're in Germany.

sham said:
Thanks for the offer. Might hold you to that some time down the track :)

Anyways, I believe the German seller is going to ship to me for the same price as domestic - I've offered to send him additional money but he hasn't said anything, so that was really nice of him. Hopefully it will arrive safely in one piece and finally haul this bike off its ass.

That's awesome news! Good luck! I've done it a couple times for members on other boards, so give me a yell if a situation comes up where I may be able to help out!

Yeh thanks, I'll definitely ask if I never need anything.
I'm pretty excited - just trying to kill time while I wait for it to come now. Hopefully nothing has been lost in translation lol, otherwise I'll be in for a long wait, but definitely excited!

Back
Top Bottom