cb360 wiring harness

I had to think about it for a while, but the key was the ground on the rectifier. The regulator shunts the yellow to ground, I wondered how did the A/C even know it, as it seems the A/C is not grounded anywhere. Since one leg of the full wave rectifier is grounded, when you ground one of the AC lines elsewhere, it is "shorted" through the rectifier diodes. So essentially, the pink and yellow are shorted together by the regulator through the rectifier.

I think (I am a Mechanical, not electrical engineer) that only half a wave is shorted out though....I could be wrong...

I remember in introduction to EE class, that the diodes work on a process called PFM*. This allows them to work the way they do.

*PFM: Pure Freakin Magic

Also, diodes are filled with magic blue smoke. When you let the smoke out of them, they no longer work either.

I'm assuming this wiring harness would also work for a cl360. Really like how simple it is, well I hope :)

Regarding that wiring diagram shoc posted.. He said he added a
Switch for the lights. Where would that switch be placed in the diagram?? Also would it control both front and brake lights? Or just front???

You don't need 8~12 gauge lead unless your going to use electric starter
I used 18 gauge wiring or less (20g, 22g) right through my 360
Have you checked battery voltage at more than 5,000rpm?
I don't see regulator in there? (and it isn't mentioned as being a regulator rectifier)
You may well be over-volting battery quite a bit?
650 can't use 'same' wiring as it doesn't have permanent magnet alternator, you need a way to control field windings
MLK, 9,000rpm all day is fine as long as all the cam bearing oil modifications are done

Back
Top Bottom