Greetings from Columbus!

ImagoX

Long-time lurker... Finally made an account and saying "hi"... (((waves)))...

I'm a Triumph rider gearing up for a new mod project - definitely a Japanese cafe' conversion. I was thinking of going CB500 or even 360, but the more I see the whole "naked GoldWing" thing, the more intrigued I am... (see: http://www.bikeexif.com/honda-gold-wing-bulldog-bobber). I dunno... Anyone actually tried this in Ohio? It's definitely NOT something I've seen other places.

Looking forward to talking to you all - if anyone in C'bus is interested in a ride, give me a holler.

-Matt

That GW is pretty cool, I could go for that. I've always wanted to cafe an early GW though, never thought of doing a later one.

Hey Matt,

Any chance you are the same Matt that has a Mini in the garage as well?

If so, then I'm glad you joined!

Cheers!

Hi rockstar1.....I'm also in Dublin, just off the Tuttle exit. I've got a cb500t that I'm turning into a cafe....my first build, like to see how your progressing with your build. Drop me an email if you want.

Dave

Hello. I am in Lancaster and just got a CB550. Are there any shops in Central Ohio that you guys know of that specialize in working on old Hondas?

Kevin

Delaware, building an SR500 street/tracker and making some supermoto wheels for my dual sport. Probably selling the Zephyr this summer due to crapped out knees.

I'm more a sport type rider, but ride in my own lane and remember I have to go to work Monday. Not much for the mild drone down the road, thus my dislike of riding in central Ohio. I tend to head east. I love riding 541 from Martinsburg to Coshocton... and that's just the start. Lots of good stuff in the east.

KAgin said:
Hello. I am in Lancaster and just got a CB550. Are there any shops in Central Ohio that you guys know of that specialize in working on old Hondas?

Kevin

I'm in Lancaster too, actually. I took my CB750 to Driven on Coonpath off of 33. They're real cool with a reasonable hourly rate. The turnaround time is a bit slow, but they have some realllllly sick bikes in there.

Hello,

I live in Dulbin and just got into riding last summer. Looking at pics online, I soon got the itch to cut up my bike. It's coming along but I have a hard time finding anything I need in Columbus.

I've been to the Rice Paddy and have actually had some success. For instance, I picked up a late 70s Yamaha tail fender in decent shape for $5.

Now I'm looking for a tail light and they really don't have much of a selection. I don't want to just grab one from Dime City Cycles or ebay. I'd prefer to find something locally so I can see it and get a good idea what it would look like on my bike.

Just curious if any of you have found any places locally with custom parts and accessories.

Thanks!

It looks like we have a few Dublin riders around (including my self). We are really trying to build up the Cafe scene in Columbus. Check out Ton Up Columbus on Facebook for other updates on local builds,meets and available parts and help.

Ditto on Columbus, downtown (Olde Towne East/Franklin Park) here. I see those posts were 3 years prior to yours Chris, but if anyone ever wants to have a vintage bike meetup/hangout/cruise/3-6 hour southeast Ohio twisties/hills ride, look me up.

My bike(s?) will be on the road by May, hoping to ride to the Do The Ton Spring Thaw event in Kentucky in mid may from Columbus. May ride east and meet beatnic and the PA guys near Moundsville and give them the ultimate twisties tour of some world class motorcycle roads that are on the scenic route in a fairly direct path from Pitt to Red River Gorge KY.

Chuck78 said:
Ditto on Columbus, downtown (Olde Towne East/Franklin Park) here. I see those posts were 3 years prior to yours Chris, but if anyone ever wants to have a vintage bike meetup/hangout/cruise/3-6 hour southeast Ohio twisties/hills ride, look me up.

My bike(s?) will be on the road by May, hoping to ride to the Do The Ton Spring Thaw event in Kentucky in mid may from Columbus. May ride east and meet beatnic and the PA guys near Moundsville and give them the ultimate twisties tour of some world class motorcycle roads that are on the scenic route in a fairly direct path from Pitt to Red River Gorge KY.
Just north of ya in Marion. I'm headed to the meltdown in April too if your interested in Hendersonville NC

And, looking to hit up some vintage bike nights in Dublin this spring

hurco550 said:
Just north of ya in Marion. I'm headed to the meltdown in April too if your interested in Hendersonville NC

I just blabbered a ton of into on this other Ohio thread, my favorite Eastern/Southeast Ohio twisties route recommendations:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=64200.15

I was thinking about going to meltdown, as it seems as if the organizer of the rust revival spring thaw camp out / ride(s) in the Red River Gorge have not planned anything for this year. Hendersonville NC is more than twice as far though, 3.5 hours to the Red River Gorge is nothing from cbus. I might save my vacation time for a couple of West Virginia extended weekends riding in the mountains there, a bit closer. Still considering meltdown though.

Keep me in mind for rides in the hills or meet ups in Columbus as well. Hopefully this year I'll make it to some Ton Up Columbus events and Nutter Hardware vintage bike nights.

Pinned (probably hosted at Rice Paddy again?) is a big event usually mid May that I really plan on attending, & of course the mandatory for anyone within a few hours of Mid-Ohio weekend pass + campsite @ AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days weekend...

Back
Top Bottom