Relocating Battery

drewgoheen

Hey Everyone,

I just picked up a pretty nice running 1972 Honda CB350K. The guys I bought it from was very mechanical and replaced things like the points, brake, fork seals and spring, etc. Since purchasing the bike I've removed the air box and replaced them with pods. Replaced the tires with 100/90R18 and 110/90R18 Bridgestones. Changed out the spark plugs. Added a couple of "In-Line" fuel filters and thats about it.

The question I have involves relocating the battery to the rear of the bike to sit underneath a cafe racer seat. I've been looking over the forums to see if anyone that has done this relocation had any advice from mounting brackets to what gauge wire I should be using. Any insight on this modification would be great. The only real link that I've found was this from a BMW cafe site. But it only addresses the mounting bracket system.

http://www.cafematty.com/cafe-racer-battery-relocation/

Cheers and Thanks for any input.

I used 6g wire. If you have a walmart nearby you can actually buy little cables back in the auto section by the batteries. I thi k they're meant for lawnmowers or something. I used those to lengthen the wires to the battery.

cafematty said:
I used 6g wire. If you have a walmart nearby you can actually buy little cables back in the auto section by the batteries. I thi k they're meant for lawnmowers or something. I used those to lengthen the wires to the battery.

Thanks. I'll have to stop by and find those.

Back
Top Bottom