The 'leftovers' project - XS650

Almost there - maybe we'll get it shipped in the next few days.

Attachments

• IMG_8112.png
    IMG_8112.png
    1 MB · Views: 504
  • IMG_8110.png
    IMG_8110.png
    1 MB · Views: 489
Hoping that I'll have it in my shop by mid next week so stay tuned. That being said I have an SR500 to finish and a motor to build for my cafe which frees up that engine for this bike. So progress on this might stall for a while :) but will keep gathering parts like front ends etc.

Anyone know where there's a nice girder front end collecting dust? Would really like one for this frame.

Now these are some nice welds. Might have to nickel plate the frame :)

Attachments

• backbone.jpg
    backbone.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 480
  • downtube.jpg
    downtube.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 461
  • engine mount2.jpg
    engine mount2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 481
  • steering tube.jpg
    steering tube.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 484
If I didn't have college loan payments I'd probably get Monstercraftsman to make me this frame, one of my favorites:

Attachments

• XS650_01-550x343.jpg
    XS650_01-550x343.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,468
Frame is on the way! Should have it early next week. Have to drive across the border to pick it up. Looking forward to seeing it in person!

I know - it's killing me trust me.

I've got wheels - XT500 front and rear (21" / 18" alloy rims) and tires (AVON's) for it. Sorting out a front end - hoping to get one from Voodoo - a custom single spring springer setup. Then it's rebuild the engine, get it into a roller and see where I need to weld on tabs/footpegs etc.

Other things taking up my time - started rebuilding my CA95 for my wife, which has taken longer than expected, and ended up buying her a 2011 Suzuki TU250X in the meantime - so now space is also limited.

My SR500 is also staring at me everytime I go into the garage - it's in full roller with the engine in and tank more or less ready - just need to tidy up some details and wire it up / get it running.

So the Voodoo will likely turn into a winter project this season. Will clear out the garage moving some bikes out into winter storage at friends' places and start the project.

Just ordered my Buchanan stainless spokes. Time to take wheels apart and get rims and hubs powder coated. Need a bunch of things to weld to the frame and a front end.

Attachments

• 2012-10-31 12.08.06 (Large).jpg
    2012-10-31 12.08.06 (Large).jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 513
Back
Top Bottom