Streamling Cb350 Wiring

notabmw1

Picked up a 71 Cb350 twin. Would like to "stream line" the wiring. Basically installed new drag bars with new switches, levers, etc. Couple of questions, I understand the black wire should be hot, it is hot when in accessory, but not hot when in the on position, this doesn't feel to be correct, maybe I am wrong. New switches are pretty vague on instructions, my question is, what do I do with the yellow wire, white and yellow wire? Also what should be connected to black and white wire. I know black and white run to the coils. I have the wire diagram for stock, and the new switch instructions are crap. I got the headlights, turn signals, horn, on/off headlight to function, but connect get the run/stop start kill switch to work at all.

Lastly I noticed last night when I crossed the connections on the started solenoid I get nothing. So now I am starting to think that is dead, I got a new one on the way just in case. I found this thread:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=33305.0

And it makes sense, the only thing I don't get is again, where is the black/white wire for coils (I thought that is to kill the bike), what to do with the yellow, and yellow/white wires. The diagram there makes me believe that there is no kill switch, and it basically would just have turn key on, push button to start, and then turn key off to turn bike off. Or am I completely wrong?

Back
Top Bottom