'77 XS750 Brat/Tacker/Cafe Thing: Project "Intervention"

DesmoBro said:
Looks Good....I'd say keep it a lil longer, short and stubby is cool too. It depends on how tall you are I guess

The short version puts the tail section right up against my butt when im sitting on the 'seat' so I think it would work and I like the short and stubby of the brat tracker style, bit I like profile lines on the longer version too but that goes more cafe lookin...
Decision decisions...

Thanks Ya'll, progress is slow but stay tuned!

i just pick'd up a xs750 for 300 bucks today from a guy at work, i cant want to see urs done so i got a little bit of an idea of wat they look like finished. i was a HD lover till i got my XS2 and now it's seem i've got a yamaha bug. this been my 4th xs but the 1st one thats not a 650.ur build looks great keep it up!!!

I did Yamy triples, if I could get my bike sold I'd start looking for one of my own. I'll watch.

Finally got some time to chop and grind the frame. Still having a bitch of a time getting the bearing races out.. I'm half ready to cut them out...

7580251670_976f0fbea7_z_d.jpg

Girlfriend (@Sol_Creations on twitter) cutting some tabs off for me.

7584148604_48628b5ca7_z_d.jpg

Blurry shot of the chop and grind.
I cut the tail off just behind the shock mounts and an angle. I play to weld caps over them and grind smooth. Also the center triangle is looking nice and clean!

Thank! No motion on them yet, pun intended.
We've even tried welding in a bit of metal and hammering on that. Only succeeded in breaking welds so far.
:eek:

nice bike to play with dude, definitely the long tail setup for me :D

Very sadly no. I broke up with my metal worker, moved and am all disorganized and shit.
I have to get rid of a kz400 that just needs paint to clear some room and then I can get back to chipping away at it.
By the time that happens, I'll likely have to move again...
I was hoping for a super clean build though I suppose I could throw it back together and keep it ratty... If only to get to ride it this year!
As soon as I pick back up, I'll be back posting no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom