'78 CB750k headlight issues

72texas350

Been Around the Block
My headlight on my CB750 went out the other day after I was cleaning the carbs. I can't figure out why it wont turn on anymore and I guess I'm not 100% sure where to look. It's not just the bulb that went out. I went to and got a new bulb to try that, but, nothing... All the other lights and everything electrical still works, just not the light. Where should I look?

just get a wiring diagram for your bike and do a connectivity check for all of the wires that go to the headlight. probably brown green and black if its like the cb360. double check the green you couldve dislodged a ground wire somewhere.

try looking along the wiring harness. It could be a bare wire making contact to the frame or other metal surface

Ok. I have looked through the wires, no bare or unconnected wires. I have replaced the headlight. I have even replaced the switch... I can not figure out why my headlight wont work, and I really need it. What could possible be the problem?

I did check the fuse also. I couldn't get the light to work, but I needed to go to Cape Cod yesterday so I just risked it. On my way down the light flipped on and has stayed on since. Not sure what happened, but it's working now...

Back
Top Bottom