xs750 Triple Cafe with a modern touch! (The Tri-Force)

I just mounted my tail light.. What do you guys think?
aefcd56f-44a2-39d4.jpg

Looks good, but isn't there any possibility to integrate it into the hump? It slightly interferes with the lines...

Re: xs750 Triple Cafe with a modern touch! (carb problems?)

so I took my bike on the first long distance cruise today.. and it didn't go soo hot :\

I was cruising along about 55mph.. and was doing fine for about 5-10 minutes.. and then all the sudden my bike started acting weird.. it sounded a little different but still would rev and stuff.. sounded like one of my cylinders was cutting in and out.. and then finally I decided to pull of to the side of the road.. when I did my bike died... I turned it over and it was a little slow to turn over.. but then it fired right up.. I let it sit and idle for a few.. and decided to turn back around to go home.. and when I took off.. it was riding just fine again.. great acceleration and what not.. and then riding for a few minutes at 50mph again it started doing the same thing..

When I started to get into town where it was around 35mph it started riding fine again.. didn't seem like it hand any issues at that speed.. drove it home.. still fine.. shut it off.. let it sit.. and it starts right back up.. around town driving it drives fine.. but on extended drives at speeds of about 50 it starts starving for fuel.. it was popping and stuff from the exhaust and carbs.. so my guess is that one or multiple carbs are starving for fuel.. does this sound like the float level is off to you?

Nice project ! I always liked a three cylinder bike.
As for your running problem... Check your gas stopper to make sure its venting.
Hope this helps !

Cheers 8)

I would start with the fuel tank vent. You can get them brand new for a pretty good deal of mikesxs.net. You should prob change it anyway, along with the petcocks if you havent already done that.

Mossy21 said:
Nice project ! I always liked a three cylinder bike.
As for your running problem... Check your gas stopper to make sure its venting.
Hope this helps !

Cheers 8)

I'm guessing you are talking about the gas cap vent?

KOCONUT said:
I would start with the fuel tank vent. You can get them brand new for a pretty good deal of mikesxs.net. You should prob change it anyway, along with the petcocks if you havent already done that.

Yea I think that's what Mossy was saying too.. It does hiss a little after I've been driving it.. and when i open it, you can tell there is a tiny bit of pressure in there.. maybe I should try riding it with the cap open and see if that makes much of a difference? I'll deff buy a new one. the petcocks have been rebuilt.. but the kit was junk because they seep gas a little from the gaskets.. so I will at some point switch to the manual petcocks.. since that is basically how I am using these ones anyways..

Erskine said:
Triples rock, what is that seat/who is it by, looks great! :)

The seat is from Carpy.. I bought it from cb750cafe.com and its called the Vincent.. I love the seat.. althought Im pretty sure I could have bought this one from airtech streamlining and would have been just as good off haha!

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/vintage/images/seats/vsl6contact.jpg

hotwingglass.com has some pretty nice seats too. They have the covers, foam, tailights...pretty much everything you need to get a nice seat on your bike.

the hotwingglass seats are nice.. I just wanted something different than the typical hump you see on most cafe racers.. I love the style i picked.. its a little boxy.. but I think it fits nice with the bike.. but with hotwingglass you can get the seat cushion and stuff right through them.. my seat I will have to have a pan made and upholstered.. which will cost a pretty penny in itself.

Gas tank vent is blocked my friend. 8)
You shouldn't hear any air movement when you open the tank.
Take the cap apart and clean it up, you shouldn't have to replace it.

Cheers

Mossy

I confirmed for sure it was the vent last night.. I was cruising along going about 55 and same thing happened.. bike just sputtered out and died.. i pulled over to the side of the road.. popped my gas cap and took off.. had zero issues for the rest of the night.

rode my bike all weekend, only issue I had was that my brand new fuel filters started leaking..... they were cheap ones.. but still frustrating.. what inline filters are you guys running?

a few pics of my bike, the third/fourth ones are my dad riding it haha

Attachments

• DBE044BE-BFE1-4E5C-97CD-8FAECBDE23F8-12191-0000063E25DB86F7.jpg
    DBE044BE-BFE1-4E5C-97CD-8FAECBDE23F8-12191-0000063E25DB86F7.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 36818B58-3525-4118-84C8-E5DF93248221-12191-0000063E3069DE2C.jpg
    36818B58-3525-4118-84C8-E5DF93248221-12191-0000063E3069DE2C.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 266
  • 94D33396-D635-48BC-BC71-AD556BDDBD56-12191-0000063E4943A2ED.jpg
    94D33396-D635-48BC-BC71-AD556BDDBD56-12191-0000063E4943A2ED.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 302
  • 9AA3114F-20E3-4D20-A7A0-7005D98DDE09-12191-0000063E3E88DFA1.jpg
    9AA3114F-20E3-4D20-A7A0-7005D98DDE09-12191-0000063E3E88DFA1.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 278
Ive been running the filters off of MikesXS.net. havent had any leaks. wish I could ride all weekend. Registration fee issues and whatnot. F you, DMV.

Good lookin runner! Quick ? where did you get your brake and clutch levers they look great. Your signals and gauges really caught my eye as well, again she looks great!

KOCONUT said:
Ive been running the filters off of MikesXS.net. havent had any leaks. wish I could ride all weekend. Registration fee issues and whatnot. F you, DMV.

those are the ones I was running... my clamps were tight so im not really sure whats up with that... also Koconut.. are you selling your bike? I saw a listing on craigslist that looked like yours..

Juggy Gales said:
Good lookin runner! Quick ? where did you get your brake and clutch levers they look great. Your signals and gauges really caught my eye as well, again she looks great!

I bought them off ebay.. a guy from shanghai haha!

yeah I put my bike up awhile ago, just to see if there would be any takers. None so far, but I'm not even really looking to sell. Just curious to see what the market would be for it. Are you in OC somewhere?

nah, I'm in Michigan.. all I did was a search on allofcraigs.com for "xs750 cafe" and saw your bike pop up haha

Re: xs750 Triple Cafe glamour shot, waddua think?

just another update.. nothing big.. really just telling you guys how my bike is riding etc...

The bike is overall riding... ok.. you can still tell that the carbs are off.. I will take the carbs apart and reset the float height and needle height.. I think my Henry Abe filter is too restrictive.. I think I am going to go to either k&n filters or velocity stacks.. not sure yet...

my petcocks are seeping a little.. enough to be really annoying.. not leaking out the fuel outlet.. but out the gasket.. looks like I will be switching to manual petcocks sooner than I had planned..

I bought a fat back tire for it.. and so far hasn't been a huge issue.. until it gets hot outside.. it expands some and then rubs terribly on the driveshaft housing.. I need to drop down one tire size in the back.. I feel like this and the combination of the running rich and having to keep my gas cap open to vent and seeping petcock is killing my fuel economy... I should be getting somewhere closer to 250 miles per tank of gas.. and I'm getting around 150 if I'm lucky.. ugh!

regardless of those issues.. my bike is still waaaay fun to ride.. I love it.. here is a pic

Attachments

• 8394A730-9A52-491F-91B1-8683F6F07FDE-17044-00000C0107E2D374.jpg
    8394A730-9A52-491F-91B1-8683F6F07FDE-17044-00000C0107E2D374.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 280
Back
Top Bottom