www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: CB 350F Getting there...slowly !!  (Read 25508 times)

Online 1fasgsxr

Re: My New FREE CB 350F
« Reply #10 on: Sep 21, 2012, 20:34:42 »
A couple thoughts,

First check that the chain adjusters are even

Second,  use a straight edge. Or a longish angle steel or aluminum straight piece.  Check to see if the rear sprocket aligns with the front sprocket.  If they are lined up, the spacers should be correct.

It looks from the photo that the tire may be wider than stock.  If so, the wheel may have been redished to pull the tire to the right for chain clearance.  It is hard to tell from the photos.

You can do a rough check for frame straightness by running a string around the headtube and to the back off the bike at several places. Like one long piece from one rear shock mount around the headtube to the other shock mount.  Then measure at different points from the frame centerline to see if it is symetrical.  Do this from the swingarm also.

That should give you a good start.

Ed
thanks Ed for the advice. The chain adjusters are even, that was the 1st thing I checked...the tire is an MR90h18...I will measure from the neck tomorrow Thanks again

Online 1fasgsxr

« Reply #11 on: Sep 21, 2012, 20:37:13 »
Good to see more 350F's! I love em. Super fun to ride and work on. If you want/need a  new oil pan, I have a 400F one that will work.
Thanks I have my fixed for now...not a great weld job but it was free too....I love free stuff!!

Offline BCBarker

• Barker Designs
My New FREE CB 350F
« Reply #12 on: Sep 21, 2012, 22:36:14 »
Well if you need it I will sell it for super cheap.

Offline AdrianVall

« Reply #13 on: Sep 21, 2012, 23:36:29 »
Why in the world can't I get amazing deals like this! Damn.. :) Very nice find man. That's awesome you got it for free. I'm super jealous. I've been looking for a 350F for a while now.

Online 1fasgsxr

« Reply #14 on: Sep 22, 2012, 00:29:30 »
Dont get mad.....but.....I have a CB 360 for free in the making as well.....just have to go get it and work on a title!! ;D

Online 1fasgsxr

« Reply #15 on: Sep 24, 2012, 22:06:30 »
worked on the speedo a little tonight......the p/o used bondo on it to make it round, its dented pretty good but the glass did not break....yup bondo to make it nice and round..did a pretty good job too I had no clue.. :o

Online 1fasgsxr

« Reply #16 on: Oct 04, 2012, 23:16:12 »
Worked on speedometer more tonight and decided I am only gonna run speedo since the one is damaged so bad..Just took all the good pieces to try to make one nice one..Still waiting on title work to come in finally...once its here I will do more work to it....dont want to do a bunch of work and not get the papers for it  ;D

Online 1fasgsxr

« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2012, 21:53:35 »
Getting close on the speedo...need to order a new decal for it and  cpl rubber bushings for mounting it.....Once I get the title work done I am gonna jump in with both feet....Should have it in my name with in the next week or so !!!...yup FREE!!!!...can't believe my luck on this find...

Online 1fasgsxr

« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2013, 22:00:24 »
Sorry guys...have been at a stand still for a while...had to put the build on hold for a bit...should be back at it in the next week or two... ;D

Online 1fasgsxr

« Reply #19 on: Apr 07, 2013, 02:11:59 »
I have finally made some progress...was gonna post pics but the wife took the camera with her, I will try to post some tomorrow..need some opinions on some stuff too...