Amen Savior CB750 (AKA Melissa)

R

rrmerlin1650

IM BACK!! And hopefully I can keep focused on a few builds again? You know what they say "if its got tits or wheels".....................
I traded the Buell I fixed up this past spring for this gem and I couldnt be happier!!
What Im starting with,...... Amen frame with a 1975 CB750F Super Sport motor in it.
Im only in the thought/idea process right now.
Looks cool as it sits now, but Im thinking more of a bob than a chop.

So far Im thinking.......
shorter front forks, get the frame to sit down lower in the front to where the bottom frame rails sit flat to the road
springer solo seat
7in rise Z-bars
drag pipes
loose the sissy bar
new paint
amenities like a spedo and turn signals (already was almost run over because nobody knows what the fuck hand signals mean anymore)

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 3,022
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 2,028
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 1,810
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 1,817
Re: Amen Savior CB750

Ive been wanting a SOHC chop for a while now.

Really live the old digger builds

clintwillis said:
suicide clutch ... that's tough as hell

Yeah I was looking at that too, I see its hand clutch and not foot. ..How in the hell do you shift that thing? I wish I had 2 left arms..... Lucky!

Ya the shifter is a bit tricky, you pull the clutch with your left hand and let go of the throttle side and reach over the tank to the left side to bang gears.
It took me a bit to get my right hand used to doing what my left foot should do. (pat your head and rub your belly at the same time) LOL
the only issue I have is, the rod they welded to the stock shifter arm is flimsy as hell so shifts are as sloppy as my 1st exwife, and Ive missed second because what feels like I solid shift
in the handle only puts me back to nuetral. It will keep some form of crazy shifter Ill just come up with somethin more solid, whether it be a jocky shift on the right side, of just keep what I got
and just make a better lever/handle. I kinda dig the painintheassness it has going for it now, ;D

Shit, mount a lever to the gear shift knob and do it all with the left hand. That's nuts.

hey Tim welcome aboard,
I rode about 30 miles today and did a lot of stop and go traffic. The more I ride the more I get used to it and love this goofy setup, I may just keep it this way?????

Well all right!!! The weather is finally coming around so I can get in the garage a little now.
Parts coming in now from DimeCity and Biltwell so far!!
Still waiting on some Super Low Boy Drag pipes from Cycle Ex. Maybe today or tomorrow?
In the meantime as I started taking the ugly off the bike yesterday, I discovered that I need to
address a shit ton of electrical wiring issues. Burnt crispy crusty and splices 16 different places Isn't gonna work for me.
So off to the parts store to see if I can get wire and an array of terminals and such, I plan on adding turn signals too, so I needed to get a few miles of
wire anyway.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 1,578

as she sits now.

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 1,432

BBQ ANYONE?

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 1,275

oh boy, what a mess!

the bike looks great, it's my favourite honda sohc chopper already 8)

can you take a closer picture to the rear shock? i want to understand how this things work, thanks

I dont have a good close up of the "shock" on my bike
Not really a shock? just a couple springs on each side LOL. And so stiff I cant tell they do anything. but I only weigh 150 lbs too.

Attachments

• l (1).jpg
    l (1).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,643
  • page9.jpg
    page9.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,530

Love those Amen frames. I'd love to find one. Looks like you've got a good starting point.

I was about to ask how you liked the Amen frame...

I've never had the chance to ride one, but have heard plenty of horror stories about how sloppy the rear end can be during hard corniering.

Nice looking bike though.

Hey Von,
I don't have much to go on myself, I only rode it for about 30-40 miles last year before I put it up for winter.
Mine feels like a hard tail, but from some of the research I've done on the plunger frame, Its sounds like If you
don't keep the bushings inside the axle carriers in good shape once they wear out they will allow the axle to shift out of line with the frame
and possibly throw the chain. Or worse put you skidding an your ass. Nothing feels odd on mine yet so we shall see
The way I look at it I don't plan on dragging any knees through the corners on this thing, after all its just a cruiser. Worst case, maybe pull some whole shots of the stop lights.

Bitchin! Any chance you could take a few close up pics of the rear "suspension"? I've got a Norton thats itchin for a bob job and I like the idea of having my wife on the back so a full on hard tail is out of the question.

Ok guys Ill try and get some good pics of the rear end for ya this weekend.

Also my drag pipes showed up yesterday!!

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 622

"suspension" ;D

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 615
Back
Top Bottom