What a mess!!!

1Sickboy

HI all, with a sickness for two wheels. I have a 1974 CL360 and the P/O has cut and spliced in the wiring and unhooked all signals “what a mess”. Did I mention that I have no knowledge of electrical systems? I have a Clymer that dives me F-N crazy to boot. I just finished up the headlight with a H4 conversion, I got it working again but can’t figure out what the two green wires go to, the ones that are mounted to the bucket nuts and where they plug into; help there would be great! The bike has an aftermarket tail lamp with a three wire setup red, black & yellow that the P/O only hooked one of the three to the rear brake control so I have no tail light only brake lights when the key is in the run position, I do have a tail light when the key is in the acc position. I take it that I need power from the headlight to feed the tail light??? Any strait forward advice that’s helpful would be great.

I just want to get the bike through this riding season and maybe next summer when it is too damn hot here in hell to ride everyday, I will think about a rewire of the bike when it is tore down for a complete build.
Thanks in advance…

I think the green wires went to the ground for each signal light, they did on my cm400. As for the tail and brake lights, try this. Make up two wires from power and connect each to the light, the brake light will be the real bright one and the tail will be dim. One connection on the light should be to a ground and will spark or blow a fuse which lets you know thats ground. Power should come from the ignition switch or a wire that becomes hot when the switch is on, to the tail light and the brake light wire should come from the brake light switches. You will have to do a little wire tracing here but its not to hard to do. Hope this helps.
Roy

www.oldmanhonda.com has an interactive wiring diagram that will help. The 350 and 360 wiring is virtually identical.

For quick reference, all green wires are ground. Running lights are brown.

Thanks guys I got it all hooked up. I got the signals(afttermarket) wired and working too. I also did a low H4 60/55 watt head light as well.

Back
Top Bottom