Now You're Gonna Get It... Bobby! SR250

DesmoBro

Busted Nut
so this build came to me from stuff i had lying around.( TRADED a few things i wasn't using for a plainer joiner i didn't use then traded that for this titled Yamaha SR 250 bobber stepchild of thing).....So the plan is to get it together, running ok, then pull it apart and paint it. I also hope to re purpose somethings in the process.....anyone got 2 cents on which tank I should use??? Don't really have many options but i'll show u what i got for now

Attachments

• sr250.JPG
    sr250.JPG
    336.8 KB · Views: 431
  • sr carb.JPG
    sr carb.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 436
  • sr ke.JPG
    sr ke.JPG
    348.5 KB · Views: 428
  • suzuki sr.JPG
    suzuki sr.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 432
Re: Now You're Gonna Get It... Bobby!

either those 2 or this one....unless I can trade for sportster peanut tank somewhere somehow

Attachments

• tank.JPG
    tank.JPG
    334.1 KB · Views: 430

good to see justin.... hopefully my build fund of zero stays that way and I can get the job done!

got the seat on....decided on the big ugly yello tank until i can trade up to something else (its the only one with a petcock)

Attachments

• seat.JPG
    seat.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 408
  • weld2.JPG
    weld2.JPG
    274 KB · Views: 430
  • weld.JPG
    weld.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 418
  • weld1.JPG
    weld1.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 434

Nice timing vander....Today...Well Yesterday now....I BRIBED a buddy of mine to come over and help with the wiring....for some reason if I look at a wiring diagram my brain explodes....I went out and got a second starter solenoid from a used bike turns out I had it ASS backwards and thats why it wouldnt work....My buddy figured it out like it was nothing....Now I need a battery that fits,clutch return spring, and possibly a cable or 2 but i'm closer than ever on it ....Now my biggest concern is which tank to slap on it....the XL sportster tank needs a new tunnel to fit right the lil zookie tank fits like a charm tho but looks a bit weird ....more pictures soon I promise

Attachments

• tanks.jpg
    tanks.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 423

I think the sportster tank has more of a bobber look but the Zuki tank would look rad. Any mock pictures of them?

lost my good camera...but here is where i'm at....I had it turning over with the starter button but after putting the clutch cable in it stopped working also hasn't had spark

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 417
  • imagejpeg_3.jpg
    imagejpeg_3.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 413

a special place in hell is reserved for those who put sprung seats on their swingarm bikes. Other then that I like it all so far.

yea it looks a bit off....but it came to me this way only as a pile ....Maybe I will change the seat out but it has to run first

Re: Re: Now You're Gonna Get It... Bobby!

ProSimex said:
a special place in hell is reserved for those who put sprung seats on their swingarm bikes. Other then that I like it all so far.

Think that's in Leviticus, right? :)

I think there is too much of a gap between the suzuki tank and the seat but the other looks a little tall.
Have you decided on which tank you are going to use?

As for the spark check the safety relay as I had problems with mine and made a jumper to replace it.

searching for a regular sportster tank the one i have is an XL ...I'm also looking for a dirt bike header so I can mount the pipe up high in the rear.... i also took them springs off the seat

Check out the Yamaha XT250 and TT250 should be able to get a header from them.

Swap meet came in handy spent $100 and none of it will be going on this bike!.....Someone please light a fire under my ass over here I should be riding this little squirt....FINALLY HAVE BUILD FUNDS PEOPLE all I had to do was sell off a Vintage Ducati :'(....I wonder if it made it to NJ ok....The guy Bungee corded in between 2 concrete Lions :eek:

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 368

That just sounds like a horrific way to tie down a bike.

What is your next move for this bike. Maybe with the funds you could grab the tank you want.

Good Call Man....That reminds me I should Try and trade off this Huge Tank for the one I need....In the mean time I promised my self I would
Weld the mounting bracket for coil
Cut and Weld the New Header I got 4 ($20)
buy the adapter pipe to fit the Harley muffler to the
Mount the heat guard on the Muffler
Run the Wiring and figure out where to mount the stuff
Make and weld Gussets to the frame
Man up and extend the Wire thats attached to the clutch lever to make this Jockey Shift(which is going to be Bad@$$)
gonna put the computer away now and actually do what I should have done by now...pictures soon

mocking up exhaust before tacking it together

Attachments

• photo(22).JPG
    photo(22).JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 361
  • photo(20).JPG
    photo(20).JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 370
  • photo(21).JPG
    photo(21).JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 368