Simplest and most minimalistic wiring for a CB200?

burlmays9

Trying to go as minimalistic as possible, just bare bones with a headlight and tail light. NO starter or hand controls besides levers and throttle. Would still retain the battery though.

Any help is appreciated and if anybody already has a bare bones wiring diagram or harness they've made I would love to see what you did.

Is it for legal purposes or tuned racing? Can't help you untill you answer the questions. Besides, there's a fellow a few post under yours with the same question, so you could read that first maybe?

Its for a 175, but thats about the same:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=47867.0

He has no lights, but the main black wire is positive on honda's. Connect a black wire between that and your light switch. The wire coming out of your switch goes to the lights, and the lights ground on the frame, completing the circle. Brake light is similar, and that setup can be found in any wiring diagram.

Why would you keep the battery if you remove the starter? These bikes run fine without a battery if you do the Kohler mod (wich i described in link above)

Bert Jan said:
Starter motor? Is it for legal purposes or tuned racing? Can't help you untill you answer the questions. Besides, there's a fellow a few post under yours with the same question, so you could read that first maybe?

Its for a 175, but thats about the same:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=47867.0

Yeah I saw that but hey the more information the better. I'm trying to get this CB together as a really clean commuter bike. I'm 19, so a starter is irrelevant to me ;)

As long as I have a brake light and headlight I'll be in the clear. Since the bike is so old the laws and regulations get hazy for law enforcement but even with newer bikes they seem pretty lax.

Just use the diagram from the link and use the black wire as a positive for lights. Your frame will act as negative. You can hook up the lights just like you would do normally. Remember not to chew off more than you can eat. those cb's get HIV the moment you look at the wires.

Back
Top Bottom