adjusting '69 cl350 carbs to new elevation

so i bought my first bike a few months back.
its a 69 cl 350
i have been having alot of carburation issues down at sealevel where i bought it.
since humboldt county is notoriously foggy, wet and prone to rusting anything, my bike has had some rust issue, mostly in my fuel line...
after lots of frustration, i just poured a bunch of seafoam cleaner into my fuel lines and tank and that seemed to help out for a while.

i recently moved back to the mountains, around a mile high. and i need to figure out how to tune my carbs to the new elevation.

i just need to get it running for my few weeks here before i jet off to work in alaska for 5 months....
when i come back, i will have the cash to do what i intend with this bike.

can anyone help me out with a general protocol for tuning these carbs and attempting to sync them without a bench?

Attachments

• waw.jpeg
    waw.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 525
You run richer at the higher elevations. The CV part of the carb compensates somewhat for it though. You may want to run it and see how the plugs looks. You may get away with just normal adjustments for tuning.

There are lots of posts on synching the carbs, do a search of the forum...It is too much to rewrite ...

Get a factory service manual too, they are more accurate then the Clymers.

I hope you're running fuel filters or all the crud in the tank will be in your carb's. The nice glass ones with extra refills seem to work for me...

Back
Top Bottom