So... Jenn FINALLY has a build thread: '71 CB350

Random words of encouragement, meaningful quote from some old dead white guy in a wig, and all-around golf-clapping. Seriously though, keep up the good work. Oh, and paint the frame that color red, looks bad-ass :)

Awesome! Glad to see out in the garage again. I will be interested to find out if there are any cracks in the frame or not. I dont think it would be impossible to have that bike ready for Barber. I say that as I have never had a project ready for barber, haha.

Wow, looks like you gave it a Brazilian!!!

20130724_003658_zps59b58d6f.jpg

Hey! I have a wire wheel just like that!

The worst part when a wire wheel begins to shred, it all the wires stuck in my T shirt.

AlphaDogChoppers said:
Hey! I have a wire wheel just like that!

The worst part when a wire wheel begins to shred, it all the wires stuck in my T shirt.
Or in your legs, arms etc. I get them inbedded through clothing sometimes. Nice work Jenn and I agree the red dye colour is pretty neet, you could give the frame a coat of silver then candy red over that to make is nice and even./

Jewbacca said:
Oh, and paint the frame that color red, looks bad-ass :)
Maritime said:
I agree the red dye colour is pretty neet, you could give the frame a coat of silver then candy red over that to make is nice and even./
Ha! E said he knew someone would say that. Figures it would be you, ya bums ;)

thompsonmx100 said:
Awesome! Glad to see out in the garage again. I will be interested to find out if there are any cracks in the frame or not. I dont think it would be impossible to have that bike ready for Barber. I say that as I have never had a project ready for barber, haha.
No cracks, so we're good to go. You gonna come up and wrench so she'll be ready for Barber? :)

The other day, while I was destroying my wire wheel on a header pipe, I had one of the wires break off the wheel, go through my pants and into my leg. Ouch! Oh the pains of restoration. :D

I usually walk around in my shop barefoot and pick up spare wires in my feet on a regular basis. Not sure why I don't stop.

It's when you have to pull them out of your face that it hurts and you can see why eye protection is a must.

teazer said:
It's when you have to pull them out of your face that it hurts and you can see why eye protection is a must.

Yes, after the second time I am considering getting a full on face sheild for wire wheeling. just the glasses isn't enough

Sonreir said:
I usually walk around in my shop barefoot and pick up spare wires in my feet on a regular basis. Not sure why I don't stop.

Do it all the time and I tell myself SELF DONT DO THAT ,But I don't like him so I tell myself to shut up :eek:

Sonreir said:

And here I was thinking that I was the only one that dumb!

Crazy

I like the dye job too. I think a candy of what ever color you are painting the bike on the frame would be hot

I walked through your shop barefoot all day Saturday, Scott. You must have cleaned it before the crew came over. Ha

I agree that candyapple red would be cool on the frame - one of my favourite colours (notice the quaint Canadian spelling).
I'm still trying to convince myself that 2K clearcoat over polished bare metal will work, but... I know it won't (and have you checked the price of chrome plating lately?).
Glad you didn't have any cracks in your frame - one of mine had the two lower frame tubes broken through completely at the footpegs and one of my buds had his top frame rails severely cracked, almost to the point of failure. I have 2 more frames to check but winter projects.
Are you boxing the upper frame rails?
Believe it or not, I spent this afternoon digging welding slag out of some really bad (factory) welds on the baby tracker - wow, factory paint over them and everything.
Regarding wire wheeling, I'm using one of those composite plastic / rubber / abrasive wheels and while the paint removal rate is slow, the flying debris is pretty low key.
Keep having fun.
Pat

Back
Top Bottom