Show us your Eyetalian Eye Candy......

Htaylor90 said:
Not only my first cafe project but also my first bike ever! Just bought this beauty a couple months ago for a pretty basic price for a 1978 R100RS but I start doing some research and find out it's a 1/200 limited edition dubbed "Motorsport". I can't get anyone to commit to buying it so... I'ma still chop it up!DO THE TON mobile app

Not as Italian as some of the others, but nice none the less.

Htaylor90 said:
Not only my first cafe project but also my first bike ever! Just bought this beauty a couple months ago for a pretty basic price for a 1978 R100RS but I start doing some research and find out it's a 1/200 limited edition dubbed "Motorsport". I can't get anyone to commit to buying it so... I'ma still chop it up!

Sent from my XT1080 using DO THE TON mobile app

Don't chop it. How much do you want for it ?

Htaylor90 said:
Not only my first cafe project but also my first bike ever! Just bought this beauty a couple months ago for a pretty basic price for a 1978 R100RS but I start doing some research and find out it's a 1/200 limited edition dubbed "Motorsport". I can't get anyone to commit to buying it so... I'ma still chop it up!

Turn it into a hardtail chopper. Literally, chop it.

appiebroomer said:
Don't chop it. How much do you want for it ?
It's only got 34,000 original miles and looks great from 5 feet away but of course it's got 40yrs worth of little scratches on the fairing. I saw one sell for 13 in great condition and one like mine with 55000 miles for sale for 9750. So somewhere around there.

Trust me, I fully understand that sounds like giving your first born so I won't be upset in the slightest if you walk away laughing. I'll just begin turning a museum worthy relic into a piece of art!

My current steed: ‘02 748s

Added some Ferracci high-compression pistons, Stage I chip & a few farkles.

Attachments

• D48ECBA4-5BD2-4364-A3FD-E318EEA48997.jpeg
    D48ECBA4-5BD2-4364-A3FD-E318EEA48997.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 266
Dirt-track Monster 1000 I built back in ‘08.

Attachments

• 64E619A5-7B94-4F3E-B724-C8E52B83304B.jpeg
    64E619A5-7B94-4F3E-B724-C8E52B83304B.jpeg
    743.1 KB · Views: 282
Monster with an SS rear shock assembly & an S2R swingarm. Built this in 2006. I called it the SS2R. Fast bike, sounded like a top fueler & the Öhlins had it riding like a Cadillac.

Attachments

• CA1061B8-E1B2-4EDF-927C-C8CD7E33DFBE.jpeg
    CA1061B8-E1B2-4EDF-927C-C8CD7E33DFBE.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 251
I've added a couple bikes since I last posted here, so an update.

The first is the bike that was at the top of my lust, er, I mean list when I was first getting into bikes. Found this one in Canada, had only been ridden 500 miles in the previous ten years. It was a huge problem child to start with but has seen the light and is now pretty well behaved. Amazing what a boatload of time and money can do for a bike. Last summer it made it home under it's own power for every ride! (The first season it came home on a trailer half the time). Yes, I knocked wood after typing that.

851Termi_m.jpg

It had to stand in at my first track day last year when my two week track toy project ended up taking a few months to get done.
Track851.JPG

Here is the first non-Ducati I've bought in about 25 years, the price was right and I'm a sucker for Ohlins stuff. Add Brembo radial calipers and forged aluminum wheels, how can a guy say no? A pic from the ad, and a couple in current form. I changed it a bit.

IMG_3433.JPG

And with the track bodywork. I painted it with materials I had left over from previous projects, which was a mistake. If I had at least srping for new primer I could have saved a lot of time sanding - no matter what I did it wouldn't go on at all smooth. Lesson learned but then again it's just a track bike so money saved and no one really cares in the end.

I went with a metal tank since the stock one had expanded so much that it didn't fit correctly. I DETEST plastic tanks. Life is too short.
IMG_3809.jpg

Due to various setbacks I only got to ride it at one trackday last year, and even then I was having issues with the steering damper. Hopefully I'll get more use out of it this season.
3_ocopy.jpg

I feel like a traitor riding it and had considered a different tail section but decided it wasn't worth the effort.
Duc851Tail.JPG

I call her "Carina" 1997 900ss

Attachments

• 52116021_402570390312795_3556489764007527162_n.jpg
    52116021_402570390312795_3556489764007527162_n.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 295
2004 ST3 with dry clutch and DP (Ducati Performance) ECU, pipes and airbox. About to become a naked bike or cafe racer as it sheds all that plastic and bags.

Attachments

• DSCN4484.JPG
    DSCN4484.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 238
  • DSCN4979.JPG
    DSCN4979.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 253
Sorry I couldn't resist. I found this Ducati GT1000 and I just couldnt resist. So new from today I have 4 Ducatis. Well maybe 1.75. One 1993 900 SuperLight needs new electrics. One 1975 500GTL needs alot of new parts. One DIY frankenstein Ducati engine and parts from other makes. And a 2008 Ducati GT 1000.

Sent from my SM-G970F using DO THE TON mobile app

Attachments

• 20190927_222948.jpg
    20190927_222948.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 237
Nice one Hans. With those spoked wheels and twin shocks it already looks like a classic. Plus the big fin top ends look beefy.

I guess the side covers are supposed to look like a bevel 900ss, but seat and tank and covers don't quite flow. Lots of scope for changes.

A set of bevel 750SS styled high pipes might look good on that.

Zombie thread alert! Time to ressurect this one.

A couple months ago I started jonesing for an air cooled, two valve Ducati. I've had them before, and wanted another. A near stock M900 would fit the bill perfectly. Get the nicest one I could find. Cheap Ducatis are rarely a good deal, and anythign that's seen track use is suspect.

So what did I end up driving four hours each way to get?

A cheap 900ss track bike. Yes, I'm an idiot. With a soft spot for the 900ss (this is the third one I've owned)

900_6683.jpg

900_6687.jpg

It has some trick parts on it, including an Ohlins shock, 916 forks, and FCR carbs. I couldn't resist.

Still want the Monster though. But my toy fund is now drained, so it's time to low-buck this back into track ready condition and figure out how to raise the money for the Monster.

in chronological order of my ownership.

850gt with eldorado graphics in my favourite colour. falloon obviously wasn't impressed with it - it's in his book, uncredited (he pushed it out of the showroom into a park across the road and photographed it one day while i was out at lunch) and in black and white.

Jac 6a.jpg

only new bike i'll ever own, uncrated it myself. loved it. repainted it in a more yellow yellow after binning it at the end of my street one morning. sounded awesome. replaced with a bmw r1100s, which was nicer to ride.

Sport 1100i.jpg

bought while i was on crutches after a big crash. dismantled while still on crutches. sat on various places unridden for 13 years after my son was born. spent a couple of grand to get it back on the road now for 3 years on club permit, ridden it maybe 25 times. don't love it like i used to.

italian show 1003 013a.JPG

bought from the shop, was a trade in. played with it, tarted it up a bit, then got rid of it. never liked the black wheels. some of these early 900 has "coarse" engines, just not overly pleasant. this was one of them.

Brad900m7.jpg

some bloke came in and needed to sell an 888 personal import that had never been registered in australia. it was cheap, but i paid too much. got the wheels powdercoated gold without seeing the colour, assured by the bloke doing it - a bike guy - that it was the right colour. wrong. sorted quite a few things out and then got rid of it. six months after i sold it the engine grenaded, allegedly while gently cruising along. never made sense as i'd done 100 or so dyno runs with it and never had an issue. maybe that was why - someone told me 888 could have soft rod bolts.

888 2.jpg

came in for a service, bloke got a 4k quote for all teh work it needed. i offered him 3, for some reason he took it. didn't really need it. had a shitload of km. i did a full engine and chassis rebuild. was a nice thing to ride, but nothing i really wanted or needed. about the only photo i have of it - shows you how much it meant.

ST2001.jpg

bought as a crash repair in progress - i gave him his over the top asking, i got the even more outrageous insurance repair amount. set of bars, side stand mount, back on the road. bought it so my then girlfriend could get back into riding again. she didn't, but it became transport, got a few different engines, two stages of custom job then back to all std and sold.

Minnie.JPG

161116 (2)m.jpg

181231JPG (4)ms.jpg

200201 (22)s.jpg

Nice collection/history Brad.

Here's the ST3 recently after I finally got around to fitting new cam belts and having fun trying to get them properly tensioned with three different apps to analyze the sound. Gates Carbon didn't pick up enough volume on my Moto phone. Second one was great at measuring hiher tones from youtube but useless below 1000 Hz so I finally tried a G string. Not one of those - the app. And that seems sort of OK. Calibrated OK against my laptop with youtube tones and able to pick up the faint sound of a cam belt being strummed in the night.

Attachments

• IMG_20201009_151707103.jpg
    IMG_20201009_151707103.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 149
Back
Top Bottom