CB500T cafe build

fly2devin

CognitoMoto.com
DTT BOTM WINNER
The next build is a 1975 CB500T. It was purchased from a guy in Tennessee. He found the bike for sale in a yard and bought it because it looked like a good deal.

I didn't see the bike in person because I had uship.com ship the bike for $150.00. That's less than gas, driving from Virginia. The bike runs but not uphill and I found a spark plug non fouler on one of the spark plugs. I'm assuming this was done because the combustion chamber is getting oil in it from somewhere. Looks like ill need to rebuild it. It's a bit of a shame because the bike only has 3000 miles on the odometer, but the speedo is broken so who knows how many miles it really has. Should be a cool build. These bikes are so light and they sound really cool.

a5y7ybuz.jpg

6ytadaje.jpg

abygema4.jpg

Non fouler
ugegener.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the headlight I'm thinking this old police spot light.
arana6yp.jpg

I cleaned it up a bit but it will need to be re-chromed.

urugu7yg.jpg

Polished the motor for a few minutes. I think it will clean up nicely with a bit of elbow grease.

uvyhe6e8.jpg

Re: CB500T cafe build

gonna be cool. I'll admit I get a little tired of CBs and, well, CBs. But the creativity this site's members put into their machines is what makes each bike awesome!

This is a customer build. It will have the gsxr conversion on the front end. I want to try something using the stock gsxr damper. I'd really like to try a a cowl similar to the ducati sport classic. Not sure about the rest yet.
suta4yhy.jpg

Parts are coming in for the build.
eby7y5a7.jpg

GSXR forks and Cognito Moto top Triple
http://cognitomoto.com/collections/gsxr-conversion-parts/products/retro-triple-top-tree-for-gsxr-conversion

baqebe3y.jpg

Tarozzi universal rearsets
http://cognitomoto.com/collections/rearsets/products/universal-rearsets-folding-rubber-covered-footpegs

ymygarap.jpg

Tarozzi Clip-Ons
http://cognitomoto.com/collections/gsxr-conversion-parts/products/tarozzi-52mm-low-rise-clip-ons-gsxr

Got back on this project today and cleaned and polished the carbs.

ydu7uju5.jpg

gerare9y.jpg

www.CognitoMoto.com

It's been a while since I posted on this build. The wheels are off for lacing going with 17" sun rims. The frame has been cleaned up and is being mailed off to Cliff Meyers to fab up a seat for her.

ubepynyt.jpg

zetypury.jpg

I'll go ahead and start working on the motor so when everything comes back I'll be ready to go. Should be close now.

www.CognitoMoto.com

I've also replaced swing arm with a 550 swing arm to clear the wider tire. Had to shorten it a bit so it would fit

www.CognitoMoto.com

Green199 said:
Im in for this.

Btw, they sound AMAZING with a 2-1. ;)

The original sound reminded me of my ducati monster. Haven't found a good source for an exhaust. Did you know of any? Debating making one.

www.CognitoMoto.com

Unfortunately not. My mates just came with a 2-1 installed. It sounded like Jesus gargling satan's nuts.

You thinking of stainless?

Omar's has a 2-1 setup. I've got a cb500t big bore that's next on the block. You can easily throw a ton of money at these motors.

Back
Top Bottom