www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Billet Top Trees input  (Read 6985 times)

Offline SpeedBump

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • CognitoMoto.com
    • https://www.cognitomoto.com
Billet Top Trees input
« on: Dec 02, 2013, 12:48:28 »
Hi Guys,

We currently offer a billet top tree for the gsxr fork conversion. What do you guys think about these for stock CB forks?

www.CognitoMoto.com

Offline 1sttimer

Billet Top Trees input
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2013, 13:44:42 »
Would you offer them as custom pieces for those with non-standard cb's?  I have a 175 but would love one eventually.  Or would you stick with the 500, 550 and 750 and such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 CB175
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=53893.new#new

"There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but there is always enough time to do it over."

Offline SpeedBump

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • CognitoMoto.com
Billet Top Trees input
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2013, 14:17:16 »

Would you offer them as custom pieces for those with non-standard cb's?  I have a 175 but would love one eventually.  Or would you stick with the 500, 550 and 750 and such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you know the fork offset I could tell you if one of the models I have work. I usually give a good discount for folks who lend me part to use for design.

www.CognitoMoto.com

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
Re: Billet Top Trees input
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2013, 14:44:45 »
Personally I love the retro GSXR top, as I put the front end on my SR500 project.  Only thing I'd be looking for is some way to mount risers.

What does the underside look like?  Would want to see if there's enough meat for me to just drill a hole and bolt on risers or if I'd need to back it with more material first.

"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Fallenallstar

« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2013, 15:04:36 »
If you know the fork offset I could tell you if one of the models I have work. I usually give a good discount for folks who lend me part to use for design.

I think all the CL/CB175s have the bolt thru style triple tops instead of the pinch for 31mm tubes. I have a 71' CL and a 73' CB and believe both have the same triple top. Could totally be wrong though...

Your product looks superb! I'd be happy to offer up any of my tops for you to use for demo. I have the two listed above and a 69' CB 350 (bolt thru) and a 73' CB 350 (Pinch). I could live without them for a few days.

I also agree with Tim. Your top, risers, and a set of superbike bars would look clean has hell!

-Bryce
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2013, 15:06:30 by Fallenallstar »
71' CL 175
73' CB 175 - Parts Bike
73' CB 350

Offline SpeedBump

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • CognitoMoto.com
Billet Top Trees input
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2013, 15:13:09 »

Personally I love the retro GSXR top, as I put the front end on my SR500 project.  Only thing I'd be looking for is some way to mount risers.

What does the underside look like?  Would want to see if there's enough meat for me to just drill a hole and bolt on risers or if I'd need to back it with more material first.

Tim,

You can flip them.

Dime City bike at Barber.

www.CognitoMoto.com

Offline SpeedBump

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • CognitoMoto.com
Billet Top Trees input
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2013, 15:28:58 »

I think all the CL/CB175s have the bolt thru style triple tops instead of the pinch for 31mm tubes. I have a 71' CL and a 73' CB and believe both have the same triple top. Could totally be wrong though...

Your product looks superb! I'd be happy to offer up any of my tops for you to use for demo. I have the two listed above and a 69' CB 350 (bolt thru) and a 73' CB 350 (Pinch). I could live without them for a few days.

I also agree with Tim. Your top, risers, and a set of superbike bars would look clean has hell!

-Bryce

PM me when you're ready.

www.CognitoMoto.com

Offline WeberKid

• Tender Ind
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2013, 19:20:11 »
Woah, I didn't know the dime city triton had one of your front ends - killer!

Offline SpeedBump

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • CognitoMoto.com
Billet Top Trees input
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2013, 10:34:01 »

Woah, I didn't know the dime city triton had one of your front ends - killer!

I thought it was pretty cool. It's neat to see stuff on others motorcycles.

www.CognitoMoto.com

Offline IRN_FST

• Motorcycle.com
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2013, 14:01:08 »
Perfect timing for this question and something I have been thinking about since I saw your clamp on Facebook.

My question was riser mounts as well. So will you be offering the clamp predrilled for your risers? 

Stew
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2013, 14:18:24 by IRN_FST »
-Stew

2012 BMW S1000RR
1972 Honda CB750 Project