www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Honda NX650 Dominator tracker  (Read 62775 times)

Offline D4N63R

Honda NX650 Dominator tracker
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2013, 17:03:53 »
Yeah I guess you either deal with it or find a different hobby! Hahaha

Offline Floegstad

• between 8.30 and half past eight works well for me
Re: Honda NX650 Dominator tracker
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2013, 08:15:38 »
This one is cool as hell  8)
What model Leo vince are you using?
Great job mr!

Offline tort

« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2013, 08:34:50 »
Thanks  :) Its Leo Vince GP Pro Evo 2.

Offline Bert Jan

• Holy Modification Batman
    • Outsiders Netherlands
« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:29:51 »
Hey Tort, dont want to rain on your parade.. but the headers are not going to work i guess. The pipes have a different wall thickness and overall diameter.
The thick pipes will create more kinetic energy then the thin wall pipes and i know for 90% sure the welds will break where thin and thick are connected.
Especially since its a thumper a lot of energy will go into the headers.

Think about it as a big hammer and a small hammer. Small hammer is easy to swing with. Big hammer is heavy and hard to swing with..But when the big one goes it goes hard.

http://outsidersmotorcycles.com
http://www.facebook.com/OutsidersMotorcycles/

Netherlands represent!

Luctor et Emgo - I struggle and give up

'Anything we did for Uncle Scam or Nasa was soldered, period. No crimps allowed.' -Swagger

'Real men lick their hands and bridge the solenoid with their fingers.' -Sonreir.

I do stuff all the time that wasn't meant to be done  ;D Fun, isn't it  ;) - CrazyPJ

You want to lubricate the nipples- Tim

Offline tort

« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 2014, 13:19:24 »
Hey Bert Jan!

Thanks a lot for discussing! You can always rain on my parade  ;D I see your point BUT! Its not a cosmetic weld on the surface, its welded through the material, should be tough as diamond. Also, both pipe types are thicker than original. 

And about your kinetic energy theory... The basic kinetic energy formula contains weight, not measurements. So basically, if it were true and had to be considered here, its not about the measurements of the pipes, but the weight of the different pieces. I dont believe all decent headers are made from pieces which are the same weight.

For example: http://www.southerncarparts.com/images/BMW-Akrapovic-Exhaust-S-B10E1-RC-1.png

Okay, its an R4 but still.
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2014, 18:08:16 by tort »

Offline tort

« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2014, 14:49:31 »
Taking baby steps. Here's the old sawed off rear end:

And here's the same thing with a bit welding and grinding done (a bad pic due to flash but no holes anymore):

You can also notice the small bar added to support the front end of rear fender. Did a bit of cutting on an old soviet bike's rear fender and got myself a rear and a front one both. I was thinking about going short MX style rear fender with led-stripe rear taillight, but the soviet one has a cool spot for a light on the top rear end so this is ideal for retro style fender-light. A bit longer, just below the cross-bar rear fender is also more practical, because it protects the KN pod a bit. 

Cut in half, its was a huge one:

Front one in progress:

« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2014, 14:51:11 by tort »

Offline Floegstad

• between 8.30 and half past eight works well for me
« Reply #16 on: Jan 04, 2014, 14:55:49 »
 8)

Offline tort

« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2014, 14:12:58 »
Thought of riveting old original front attachment to new seat pan but the rivets were not long enough so i welded this ultra-beautiful thing from a steel bar and a washer. Its even better solution because i got the thank to be as high as i want, with exact perfect space between the tank and frame.

The seat pan is mostly ready, needs some grinding from sides but it fits great. There's a higher cross-bar in the back of the original subframe, which i didnt want to cut so instead i cut and re-welded the pan. The rear end is actually lower since the bike is on a stand. Also attached temporarily the rear fender for testing. Needs a lot of work though and its going to be just a bit shorter.

« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2014, 14:17:31 by tort »

Offline pjdave

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2014, 18:05:21 »
Looking good

Offline Bert Jan

• Holy Modification Batman
    • Outsiders Netherlands
« Reply #19 on: Jan 30, 2014, 17:27:32 »
yo dude! nice work so far, tank looks cool!
question though.. cant find the offset for the rear rim. Can you measure the distance between the rim and swinger on chain side and non chain side? and how did you manage to get the rim alligned?

thnx!
http://outsidersmotorcycles.com
http://www.facebook.com/OutsidersMotorcycles/

Netherlands represent!

Luctor et Emgo - I struggle and give up

'Anything we did for Uncle Scam or Nasa was soldered, period. No crimps allowed.' -Swagger

'Real men lick their hands and bridge the solenoid with their fingers.' -Sonreir.

I do stuff all the time that wasn't meant to be done  ;D Fun, isn't it  ;) - CrazyPJ

You want to lubricate the nipples- Tim