RD350 Build - Mia Wallace

Thanks! It's really starting to come together now. Just working out all the final bugs.

Here's one with the bike more less complete.

Seat-On-Bike.jpg

Thus far I'm most proud of ignition system, the corresponding charging system (especially the battery), the rear sub frame, and the packaging that it required. I really want to finish it, so that I can ride it, but i'll be bummed when the project ends.

It's been a long time since I have updated this thread! Lots of progress has been made though!

I didn't even have the grips on the bike at the last post.

Before winter I rode the bike around a bunch. This is what it looked like. Fully functional, worked pretty well, needed finishing.

RD-Outside-e1426096957150.jpg

Winter came, I disassembled the bike completely. Unfortunately, I also moved this winter. Moving sucks and set me back at least two months. Oh well. I have a nicer place to live in, and a way better place to work on my bikes and car. Win!

Controls were blasted.

Blasted-Parts.jpg

I got the seat covered.

Seat.jpg

I powder coated parts. I love powder coating! Also, new Emgo pegs.

Left-Side-Rearset.jpg

Bits.jpg

Rebuilt the controls and powder coated them.

Controls.jpg

Plate and lights all mounted to the seat. Wiring runs inside the seat.

Tail-Light-Done.jpg

New clear coat on the tank. Awesome!

Tank-Paint.jpg

Headlight ears and front fender. The fender came out so nice I am pulling a new mold of it. It is better than the mold I made it from.

Fender-and-Ears.jpg

Assembly started.

Rear-new-paint.jpg

Electronics tray going in.

On-Table.jpg

Wheels and controls!

One-Wheels.jpg

Engine!

Engine-In.jpg

Reworked the pipes for proper silencers and a proper stinger.

Chambers.jpg

Boom! Assembled!

Inside.jpg

I have been working through a few small issues here and there. I managed to get the bike on the scales yesterday just to see what it weighed. I am happy with 272lbs., especially considering it has turn signals and a battery. The tank was about 85% full.

Scaled.jpg

Do you have any more info on your electronic ignition that your willing to share?

It's been ages since I've updated this post. I've not done too much to the RD until recently. New carbs are on! I had the high speed needle and the low speed needle on one carb switched, but once I realized one carb was way rich I got it sorted. The bike sounds awesome. It fired first kick. Now I need to machine a new shift lever, clean the pipes, come up with some air cleaners, put a new magnet on the hub for the speedo, and it's good for another season of zipping around.

6oaAjTW.jpg

6oaAjTW.jpg

EXmN46G.jpg

Back
Top Bottom