Something different.......

There really is no better way to get beautiful welds than with TIG. It's slower than other methods, the the quality of the welds, both strength, and aesthetics, have no equal.

For tanks I like to either tig or braze..... Or both. Brass is an amazing way to get to weld without worrying about cracks later on. Any place with a lot of vibration I'll tig the root and fillet braze the cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do that, too. I like how I can create a nice smooth fillet with the bronze.

BackRestFabricated2.jpg

BackRestCoated2.jpg

Yes sir, should be used more often.... But some people are scared of it

I don't know why anyone would be scared of it. Plenty strong, and easy to do. Bronze has a nice, wide temperature range where it is somewhat viscous, and flows nicely without being runny, and has nice surface tension with the steel.

I think that a lot of people don't understand how to use oxy/acetalene, so it is kinda mysterious to them. They go out and buy a cheap MIG, because anybody can sort of weld with it after a few minutes of practice. Of course the welds look like shit, (literally,) but then the angle grinder and Bondo take care of that...

I do a lot of high pressure hydraulics..... I use a ton of silver, people alway 2nd guess me on it. Many many years with zero fails

I used to work for a company that built high pressure cryogenic systems. (Liquid argon, oxygen, nitrogen, CO2.) We used silver to join stainless steel tubing for working pressures up to 3,000 psi. For the really high pressure, (6,000 psi,) systems, we used monel tube that was TIG welded.

AlphaDogChoppers said:
I used to work for a company that built high pressure cryogenic systems. (Liquid argon, oxygen, nitrogen, CO2.) We used silver to join stainless steel tubing for working pressures up to 3,000 psi. For the really high pressure, (6,000 psi,) systems, we used monel tube that was TIG welded.
nice work, love to try my hand at brazing... I too worked on high pressure systems as a designer, isostatic presses. We started at 15,000 and went to 200,000psi.

I will join X3BBSSAAS in holding my tongue on drop-seat frames in general - you are putting so much strain on your lower back for no reason! - but your fab work is a hell of a lot of fun to watch, thanks for sharing.

I agree with you, but that's why I'm running the pullback board track bars....

You don't have to defend yourself to me. Looks like you could probably braze my teeth together if it came up.

Just caught this build!! Love where this is going!
Amazing fab work! Always nice to see very nice welds! Nothing beats a good tig weld.

Back
Top Bottom