Withers' R107

VicSkimmr

Been Around the Block
I might as well make a thread about my other girl.

1986 Mercedes Benz 560SL
Petrol Green
89k miles
Epsilon Southern Ways - 16x9.5 all around

The only mods I've done to it is cutting the springs (no coilover options available for this car) and add the early american bumpers. The wheels are classic Epsilons fit for a Corvette that I've squeezed in.

Current setup

560SL by jasonwithers, on Flickr

Panning

Benz Rolling by jasonwithers, on Flickr

I dig it man. Real clean, simple, and classic. Those cut springs though...lol.

Is your username on Stanceworks the same one?

Yeah that's me.

You'd be surprised how well it rides on cut springs. They're not progressive so it really doesn't change the ride comfort at all. It's a hair stiffer maybe but still has plenty of travel.

Nice ride.
Although it looks like you might need to fix that camber :eek:

fuck yeah! love that... I would imagine the rear camber isnt adjustable and the front is probably pulled already. and the wheels wouldnt fit anyway! these dang herrafrush kids and there crazy wheels that dont fit. ::)

I doubt any of it is adjustable, but a cam bolt or modifications to the arms can correct that.
The way it sits it must eat tires like crazy.

toe eats tires, not camber. you do get some camber wear but not to the extent people think, you learn that in a hurry when you start slamming stuff beyond use..

D4N63R said:
toe eats tires, not camber. you do get some camber wear but not to the extent people think, you learn that in a hurry when you start slamming stuff beyond use..

This is true, I was exaggerating with my "eat tires" comment my real point was the camber is way off and should be corrected ;D

SONIC. said:
This is true, I was exaggerating with my "eat tires" comment my real point was the camber is way off and should be corrected ;D

aint nobody gettin scene points for proper camber yo!

The camber is all natural, there's no easy way of correcting it. I don't drive it enough to put significant wear on the tires :)

I haven't measured it but it's not quite as severe as you might think

The fronts are just rolled, I haven't done any fender work front or rear. It's hard to believe you can squeeze a 9.5" wide wheel under the front with that much rubber but it fits. I do rub on both the inside wheel well and on the fenders at full lock when parking but that's about it. Not enough to damage the fenders or the tires.

Thanks man :) I don't whore my car out that much over there, I just have a build thread that I update a couple of times a year.

Withers said:
I might as well make a thread about my other girl.

1986 Mercedes Benz 560SL
Petrol Green
89k miles
Epsilon Southern Ways - 16x9.5 all around

The only mods I've done to it is cutting the springs (no coilover options available for this car) and add the early american bumpers. The wheels are classic Epsilons fit for a Corvette that I've squeezed in.

Current setup

Panning

Benz Rolling by jasonwithers, on Flickr

I get thatthis is an old post but if you indeed only cut the springs as stated then why is AirRide Air Suspension using your car to promote their product? https://airride.co.uk/air/shop/air-suspension-kits-for-cars/mercedes-air-suspension-kits-for-cars/sl-class/mercedes-r107-airride-custom/

I would imagine the two most likely scenarios would be:
1) In the nearly 6 years since this was posted, the vehicle owner has since upgraded to the air suspension company product.
Or 2) The air suspension company pulled the pic from the internet and, without the vehicle owners permission/knowledge, is using it to promote their product.
I'm leaning more towards "2", since the pic on the companies website is the exact same pic posted here in '14. Except its flipped horizontally and the decal was photoshopped from the windshield.
And... the other car featured on the companies site is the Dkubus107, which is purportedly on coilovers and not air suspension as well.

Either way, what's the point of opening an account here simply to call "BS" on a 6 year old post, made by a user that's been inactive for 4 years?

Back
Top Bottom