Project BoardChop

rays650cafe said:
Please don't start building CB650's.

I've got a cb400f but I'll be looking for another CB for a cafe build after this project. This is what I was shooting for for that.

ba6a52646c3711e3aa1a0e4e6190d854_7.jpg

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 1,080
Started on the top end. Starting with a 700cc hoos big bore. The fins on the heads were shaped to match the Jugs. Got this idea from Daniel from Pandemonium Choppers. Top motor mounts also chopped to give me that extra clearance for the tank. Also have the CounterBalance 2 into 1 intake mounted. Awesome craftsmanship. I went with the center mounted carb as I got plenty of clearance with my frame.

Attachments

• photo(36).JPG
    photo(36).JPG
    577.3 KB · Views: 329
  • photo(37).JPG
    photo(37).JPG
    548.4 KB · Views: 319
  • photo(38).JPG
    photo(38).JPG
    313.5 KB · Views: 314
Love the shaped fins - just lots of careful grinding and filing? Any pics of the process?

I want to run a single carb on my xs but I have no idea where to go with carb size

Tim said:
Love the shaped fins - just lots of careful grinding and filing? Any pics of the process?
Yeah basically, grinder and drill with burrs and rotary files. The jug was used as a guide. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the process but 'm actually not finished cleaning it up so I'll take some more pictures.

bradj said:
I want to run a single carb on my xs but I have no idea where to go with carb size

No syncing,Easier tuning & Less parts 8) I'm planning to use Mikuni VM36 Round Slides with Velocity stacks.

Latest update. The sportbike rearset work out perfectly. Left cover modified so the linkage is tucked in nice and tight. Just how I like it haha

7d4d950ea58e11e396bb0e8092767a2f_7.jpg

Hahaha @Bradj

Thanks @papadapalis @ogsmakedade

The rear set came off of a Yamaha R1. This particular one 2004-2006. I liked the pattern on the heal guard. Plan to use the same pattern on my left cover and rear motor mount.

Thanks Maritime!

Update: Got my carb last night for my 2 into 1 intake. Just needs some detailing but it fits the look I was going for. Love how it's straight down center and plenty of room for the velocity stack I plan to run.

6c3197dea70511e386250e4caf43b375_7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom