Honda CG Street Tracker with XR200 engine

Hi All...

Sorry its been a while! (friends weddings and birthdays and all that pa-lava means i haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to the bike)

I have been tinkering with the smaller odd jobs on a night. Bought a pretty swish mirror with a short arm so not to protrude too much... I HATE MIRRORS... as well as some mini switches from POSH Japan, very happy with them! top quality and dead cheap if you go direct to them rather than via a parts website.

1z2ja4n.jpg

The mini switches were a massive pain to fit.... (the holes behind and taping the fitment screw) As i was using a hand drill they don't sit bang on flush but only i'll know... and i know it will bug me massively, I will end up re-doing them at some point.
Mocked up the bars with the grips, throttle ect... looks like its going to be a nice profile (end up sitting on it alot now imagining the finish line ha!)

3088ns7.jpg

2dkk5yq.jpg

Finally got some parts back from the powdercoaters... massive ball ache, not the best job on the drums as they out sourced them to a wet sprayer. Not the best job in the world but he gave me a discount after heated discussions... wish i had just done them myself. The rims (that they did) on the other hand are nice! Satin black!

As for the drums i went with squirrel grey... this will probably polarize opinion but i am not a fan of silver at all... some of you may like it, most of you will hate it....
The grey in my opinion looks really good against the black, it almost has a blue tint to it...
The lower legs were also finished in grey as welll... pretty much the rest of the bike will be black apart from the tank.

1zdlxu0.jpg

Now i need to lace them... wish me luck.

2rmtlie.jpg

As for the tyres, i just need to order some shinko SR241 from the US (cant find them in the UK!?)
Really like that trail look... and from what ive found Michelin ect are pretty limited in sizes where as these have an array of them and cheap. £100 for both shipped and customs paid for!

15qys68.jpg

Those switches look incredible, did you get the tool for drilling the holes? And how much did the total cost including shipping to the UK?

Tijmen said:
Those switches look incredible, did you get the tool for drilling the holes? And how much did the total cost including shipping to the UK?

Hi Tijmen,

It requires the drilling of 2 holes - a 15mm diameter hole for the toggle switch, and a 9mm hole for the push button switch. Note: a 3.3mm hole needs to be drilled and tapped with an M4 tap to create threads for the supplied M4 screw which fastens the switch to the bar. They came with a stick on guide for the holes so i used that and loosely countersunk before drilling. Took a bit of messing with files to get them snug. No special tool....

So i needed to get those specific dill bits of ebay but apart from that was cheap. I'll have to dig out the receipt but im sure they were about £25 ish each shipped... Check POSH Japan on google, if you email for a quote they'll reply sharpish including the shipping.

thanks!

cbrb said:
Hi Tijmen,

It requires the drilling of 2 holes - a 15mm diameter hole for the toggle switch, and a 9mm hole for the push button switch. Note: a 3.3mm hole needs to be drilled and tapped with an M4 tap to create threads for the supplied M4 screw which fastens the switch to the bar. They came with a stick on guide for the holes so i used that and loosely countersunk before drilling. Took a bit of messing with files to get them snug. No special tool....

So i needed to get those specific dill bits of ebay but apart from that was cheap. I'll have to dig out the receipt but im sure they were about £25 ish each shipped... Check POSH Japan on google, if you email for a quote they'll reply sharpish including the shipping.

thanks!
Cool, that's a pretty good price. Twice as expensive as the cheapest eBay switches and way more than twice as nice. How did you set them up? Indicator and horn left and starter and light off / low / high? I meant this tool: http://www.posh-factory.com/product.htm Would save you the hassle of countersinking but not really worth the €50 unless you install them regularly I suppose.

1hole_06.jpg

And good luck on the lacing! Spoking patterns probably are different on a motorcycle, but Sheldon Brown has a wealth of information on lacing up bicycle wheels.

Hello,

sorry, i havent been on here for a longgggggggg time. And more worryingly i haven't touched the bike at all.

I need some help from you lot if possible!!

I'm looking for someone (in the North West or the London Area) to finish the bike for me, either a builder or someone with lots of spare time on their hands ha!

I've recently got a new job in London but commuting back to Manchester on a weekend, i literally have no time or the facilities anymore to finish this, which is a massive shame. Part of me wants to wait till I can finish it in London next year so i can say i did it myself, however seeing lots of bikes around makes me want it finished asap so i can use it.

Can anybody point me in a direction of someone that may be able to help my cause??!!
I'm looking for a builder/mechanic to get this up and running so its road worthy. I can sort the tank paint at a later date!

thanks!

Such a shame not to see it finished, one of the builds i liked the most as its so close to my own.

Now if you want to part with that XR200 motor, give me a shout!!!

Hey cbrb

I've heard very good things about, KB wheels in Bolton give Jeff Holt a call on 01204 844204 between 10 & 5.

That would get you a rolling chassis at least.

How much more is there to do? Depending on what it is, there's a guy I know in Stockport who might be able to help you out.

Spudscustoms said:
Hey cbrb

I've heard very good things about, KB wheels in Bolton give Jeff Holt a call on 01204 844204 between 10 & 5.

That would get you a rolling chassis at least.

How much more is there to do? Depending on what it is, there's a guy I know in Stockport who might be able to help you out.

thanks for the help mate!

Erm - most notable things would be:

Full wiring
Wheel lacing
Footpeg relocation/fabrication.
Engine/carb/fuel hook up to get the XR running smoothly.

thanks Spud!

Matty O said:
Such a shame not to see it finished, one of the builds i liked the most as its so close to my own.

Now if you want to part with that XR200 motor, give me a shout!!!

I know believe me, its a massive shame! I've decided to get the major headaches out the way with some help i.e. wiring!

but i will be still doing a lot of the finishing touches myself, once the wiring and footpeg fabrication is sorted by somebody far more skilled then me ha!

thanks!!

OK then

with regard to what you need doing, the guy I'd be recommending runs a small bike shop in Stockport, he's not a one stop shop for custom work, but few places are. He is however a top mechanic and a bloody nice bloke, he's also open all day Saturday which suits you quite well. Its a small shop so I would guess that he might like the bike to be a rolling chassis or at least the ability to quickly make it one, so I'd get your wheels built up first.

Your best bet is to go and have a chat with him, discuss what you'd like him to do, take pictures of what you have and would like him to create. It may not be his cup of tea but he is definitely capable. I'll PM you his details.

With regard to what you need doing, and what my guy could do
Full wiring - Definitely
Wheel lacing - probably not see previous post for details of Jeff at KB Wheels in Bolton
Footpeg relocation/fabrication. - Not sure on this one your best talking to him
Engine/carb/fuel hook up to get the XR running smoothly - Definitely

I can also recommend Caulfield Leather if you want to get that seat pan of yours sorted, nice guy,top work.

http://www.caulfieldleather.co.uk/oscontact.html

Back
Top Bottom