What did you build this week?

Thanks mate. Just saving up for all that kit now. Only problem I can see with kegging is taking a few brews with me if I go out.

Brodie said:
Thanks mate. Just saving up for all that kit now. Only problem I can see with kegging is taking a few brews with me if I go out.

I miss that. I now live in the United Police States of America and I'm not allowed to drink a bottle of beer (or even carry an open one) unless I'm on private property.

Yep same here. But the cops just ask you to tip it out if it is open and cannot be closed and send you on your way so long as you aren't causing a menace or are in a highly populated area.

I had a friend in high school who was tackled, beaten, and arrested for open container.

Though, in fairness, you should kinda expect that when you throw a bottle at a passing cop car and start yelling, "Fuck the police!"

Haha yep that will happen.

So I cannot decide if I want to drill a hole through the fridge and fit a tap or just use a Pluto style gun.

Brodie said:
Haha yep that will happen.

So I cannot decide if I want to drill a hole through the fridge and fit a tap or just use a Pluto style gun.

I'm running a picnic tap on mine right now. I'll get around to a real one at some point.

We had a fridge growing up that was tapped in the side. During parties, Mom would put pie pans on the floor to catch the drip and unbeknownst to us, our black lab was lapping it up. During my aunt's graduation party, we figured it out when the lab was walking sideways and the poor girl couldn't go up even a single stair.

Brodie I am saving up for kegs too. The way around taking it out is to just get some growlers or grolsch style pint bottkes. Sanitize those, fill en from the kegs and take em where you need to go.

You can use the old corny kegs for beer Brodie, nice for medium batch and room for several in a under cab fridge... got a friend who uses them for beers on tap
aa7849d22c61801552f7d98aed270d79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

That's the setup I use, too. I like it because I can keep two kegs in my outside fridge at once and still have room for other stuff. Corny kegs conveniently hold five gallons, too.

Thanks guys, sounds like a plan. I have a few Grolsch bottles in my collection.
I have seen a few keezer setups and think that might be the go. Keep the fridge for fermenting and convert the freezer to a keezer with a nice hardwood tap ring around the top.

Didn't build it, but repaired it...
Picked up an old office safe. Freebie.
IMG_2978_zpsc95pd3gd.jpg

The dial was taped up because it got increasingly difficult to hit the combination correctly. So when they "got it right" they taped it in position and just used the key to open the safe. After years of this procedure, the combination was forgotten.
I got it home, lifted the door off, and removed the access panel.
IMG_2977_zpsyioymyhk.jpg

From here I was able to determine that two of the four tumbler wheels were kinda sticky (thus causing the hit/miss combination working), and figure out what the combination actually is. Lubed everything up, wiped it all down, buttoned it all up, and now I have a fully functioning double lock safe for my home.
IMG_2984_zpsfw1p79se.jpg

Sweet.
So how do you figure out the combo? turn till you see the tumblers move or as it printed inside somewhere?

Basically, turn it till you see the tumblers move :p
All of them are notched to allow the boltworks room to slide inward. All I had to do was watch the notches line up and write down the number, the direction turned, and number of turns it took to get there.
It's actually pretty simple, mechanically. The complexity comes in knowing the combination.

Sonreir™ said:
I had a friend in high school who was tackled, beaten, and arrested for open container.

Though, in fairness, you should kinda expect that when you throw a bottle at a passing cop car and start yelling, "Fuck the police!"

only time I've ever been arrested was outside a nightclub sharing a beer with some young ladies, saw a car go past with something on the roof and yelled "TAXI" and imagine my surprise when what I thought was the taxi sign started flashing blue lights.....it didn't help my case (or the other 3 guys I was with) that we were all pissed as crickets, holding beer bottles and I was wearing a bright red suit (no, not a santa suit either, just a normal suit that was bright red)
we all got to spend the night in the lock up enjoying the hospitality of the Carlton police and were most disappointed to not be offered a hearty breakfast the next morning
but considering what we'd been up to earlier in the evening it only seemed fair to end up in the nick

My youngest got arrested for being honest. He was in a club that was notorious for serving underage kids. He was 19 and walked out the door to go home when a police officer asked if he had been drinking. He said yes and spent most of the night in the lock up. They didn't do a breathalyzer or bac and he was apparently sober. I went to the jail with a lawyer buddy and the charges were dropped.

yeah, we didn't deny what we were up to ( at that particular time of the night anyway) as it was a bit obvious we were shitfaced and holding beers, and when we got to the copshop we co-operated as we didn't want to be searched too thoroughly due to certain items hidden about our persons that would have got us in a whole lot more trouble than drunk in a public place charges....as a reward for co-operating we got to sleep in cells with mattresses, blankets and glass in the windows. the less co-operative members of our party got the other cells without any of those amenities
kicking out time was an unpleasant shock, waking up with absolutely no idea where the hell we were and stinking hangovers

Did this a few months ago...
Wife didn't like the ergo's of the mountain bikes we bought a while back. Said she'd prefer the "Beach Cruiser" style better. So I picked up an '81 Schwinn DelMar off CL and cleaned it up. Complete disassemble/regrease, new bar, grips, pedals, chain, lighting, some polishing and some paint (I wanted it to look more '60's and less '80's).
IMG_2481_zpsvbyw9jml.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsiqmzd9kf.jpg

Last weekend, neighbor was tossing out two Cruisers for trash. Both in real good shape, just needing some TLC.
So now I have a Beach Cruiser as well. Just waiting on a few new bits to clean it up nicely.
IMG_3038_zpsdgttzrbm.jpg

I'll post that one up when I'm done.

BTW, I have two Mountain Bikes (one male, one female), and a female Beach Cruiser for sale if anyone is interested.
Looking to get rid of them ASAP as the pedal bikes currently outnumber the motorcycles :p

Back
Top Bottom