What did you build this week?

clem said:
Pedal board out of some teak. I'll never use teak again!

Sweet! I like the input jacks on the side, thats a slick little setup. Mine is wires everywhere.

advCo said:
Sweet! I like the input jacks on the side, thats a slick little setup. Mine is wires everywhere.
I need to make one. All my pedals are in a box and I gotta daisy chain and jumper everything everytime I play haha

wires wires everywhere

Attachments

• 0206171915.jpg
    0206171915.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 205
advCo said:
I have input through the volume pedal and overdrive then out to the front of the amp. Then there is a send and return to run the modulation pedals through the fx loop and the last is the amp channel and reverb switcheroo. I never really cared for delays on the front of the amp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

Oh yeah, went a little thicker than typical 1911 grips to fill my hands out better and made a thumb groove for easier access to the mag release. The dark stripe was the original finish on the wood, left as much as i could so i could show off the imperfections in it. Several coats of tung oil and they feel just as good as any to me. Woodworking is a hobby of mine and i find repurposing is what i find myself doing most. Here's a dresser i made from that same heirloom, which was an old bed just sitting in my garage.
d9e7c6db3f499f7fa188986ff74486ab.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using DO THE TON mobile app

My brother repurposes things, made this dresser into a combo bench/dresser for a mud room place to unload after work or put those winter boots on.

1eb90ace0d3abe0eb798451017e56d08.jpg

Staged pic to sell on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Nice Tune, I did the same with an old buffet of my Nan's turned it into a vanity with a vessel sink in it. Had to cut it down to fit swap the left and right side panels to make it work but solid wood is worth saving, nothing but mdf and press board out there for most things like that now.

I made a heavy ass fabricating table, and a security screen for my door. Also cased the door frame in angle/flat bar, installed a new door frame, and replaced most of a garage wall thanks to termites.

Attachments

• IMG_20170205_181841.jpg
    IMG_20170205_181841.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 201
  • received_10158099366170174.jpeg
    received_10158099366170174.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 192
Mr.E said:
I made a heavy ass fabricating table, and a security screen for my door. Also cased the door frame in angle/flat bar, installed a new door frame, and replaced most of a garage wall thanks to termites.

Nice work. I need to make a table like that for welding and fabricating, maybe with a few slots to clamp down workpieces.

advCo said:
Nice work. I need to make a table like that for welding and fabricating, maybe with a few slots to clamp down workpieces.

Thanks, I intended to add some threaded holes for workholding, but ran out of steam and time to do it. Plus the top was heavy and I didn't wanna fight out clamping it on the mill table.

Mr.E said:
Thanks, I intended to add some threaded holes for workholding, but ran out of steam and time to do it. Plus the top was heavy and I didn't wanna fight out clamping it on the mill table.

Eh it's thick enough you can just weld the work to it and then grind it off afterwards

Not sure if this counts but built a yard. Not finished yet but over half way.
d1a0ca0ad8ef1cc052975e0f9eb1d5d4.jpg

This is before.

e4b7ca9d09af181ac99d8b2d194e066d.jpg

Half way done.

ae0ed951b7dfb25f53e0b895dfd19d35.jpg

e4ba53a4d3469a57bef3883a7596647c.jpg

aa7ddc16627d403f381c77301d89c2b9.jpg

Finished for now wife helped out laying the sod. I also built the crappy looking planter box and painted the house white. It was this ugly light blue. Still needs some touch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still have some finishing to do, but I built up a small "machine shop bench". It will hold my lathe, drill press, belt sander and a heavy wilton vice. I wanted it to be heavy duty and rigid, so all the angle is 3/8" and the tubes are 1/4" wall 2x2 square for the legs. Also there are (not pictured) 5/8" carriage bolts for leveling under each leg. I saved a 24" x 84" x 2 3/16" maple butcher block top from the trash too for on top.
f2400b4ed79edf9ec6cd64e262948a3d.jpg

acdc6760990293f981db514fe0ee2d95.jpg

Ply318ci said:
Not sure if this counts but built a yard. Not finished yet but over half way.

This is before.

Half way done.

Finished for now wife helped out laying the sod. I also built the crappy looking planter box and painted the house white. It was this ugly light blue. Still needs some touch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a cool looking house, you should show a pic of the entire house with the planter/garden.

Plyi,
Looks like a cool garden project. What is the small tree in front of the window? If it's lemon or other citrus it will outgrow that space. Are those gum trees I see? I miss the smell, but not the mess of bark and leaves and gum nuts.

Back
Top Bottom