Xs750 not starting after changing handle bars

plagrone said:
Don't do thaaaaaaaat, it's easy. You've already done most of the hard work. All you have to do is disconnect some cables and reroute them, slide the right controls off a bit and sand where they contact the bars.

Besides, shops are too expensive
yeaa that's true.. Lol imma give it another go and I'll let you guys know how it turns out! Thanks mate!

Maritime said:
found a pic, not sure you can see it but the cables are the ones from the apehanges the GL comes standard with and I put the Euro superbike bars on.,
oh shit! That makes a lot more sense! LOL thanks mate!

you can see how the clutch cable routes harder to see the 2 throttle cables but they do the same thing out past the headlight bucket then back into the frame to the carbs.

Also, when you get them routed, fire up the bike and make sure when you turn the bars lock to lock the engine doesn't rev up or the clutch leaver doesn't move as that means the cables are binding. Bad news in a turn to have your clutch slip or throttle rev up on you.

Maritime said:
you can see how the clutch cable routes harder to see the 2 throttle cables but they do the same thing out past the headlight bucket then back into the frame to the carbs.
yeaaah I feel like that would work, I'm just afraid of detaching things and not being able to properly put them back

Got to learn sometime, cables do not last forever and knowing how to change them out is a good thing. Get a manual too if you don't have one already. Pretty easy to remove the cable from the bar control and clutch lever end, you can probably leave it alone at the carbs and clutch and just arc it out and back smoothly to the controls.

Back
Top Bottom