Douchebag Build of a CX500

xb33bsa said:
....f,or hanging them with a urine and feces soaked rope

that's not too bright...Urine is acidic and weakens the rope.....Don;t want the rope to break inopportunely...Feces soaked only for safety!

xb33bsa said:
it is a GOOD thing to point out the stupid fuckers that build OBVIOUSLY dangerous bikes,trying to pass them off as road worthy machines
i would be for chopping their fucking hands off,or hanging them with a urine and feces soaked rope

Opinions. Everybody has one.

I have yet to see a post of yours with anything positive. It's a motorcycle that someone you do not know made, modified what have you. It's theirs, their ideas and thought process. Leave it be.

Don't like it? Don't say anything. Save yourself the stress.

I normally don't post comments like this but it's all I see on this forum anymore. Pretty sad IMO.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

snowSquall said:
So what do you have to gain by posting it here and making fun of it?

I gain nothing but a few minutes of amusement.

snowSquall said:
I'm new here so maybe this is normal behavior here

Stick around and get to know the personalities and senses of humor being expressed. This whole thread is tongue in cheek, so don't get too wrapped up in psychoanalyzing what is basically an April Fools joke.

RyanJ said:
I think the main point I'm trying to get at is that there have always been dumb twats and there always will be. The majority of young people ignore the sage wisdom of their older counterparts and this will always be the case

We get more exposure to the "dumb twats" than ever through the magic of the Internet.

We don't count "ticks on the odometer" around here, but those of us who have acquired some of the wisdom of age have done so because we were the less dumb of the dumb twats in our youth. Yeah, Darwin had some pretty good points.

Ann Landers used to say, "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." The goal is to survive the bad judgement to acquire the good judgement. I have a feeling you will do OK in that respect.

I guess part of the goal of posting this thread to begin with is that there are a lot of new guys who come into the forum who start building such absurd abortions as this bike, all in the name of cool. Cool only goes so far. I am still alive as I approach 60, and I think that is cool as shit!

M.B Co said:

I have yet to see a post of yours with anything positive. It's a motorcycle that someone you do not know made, modified what have you. It's theirs, their ideas and thought process. Leave it be.

I normally don't post comments like this but it's all I see on this forum anymore. Pretty sad IMO.

dangerous designs need to be singled out , so as to MAYBE help some noobs know the truth
also MAYBE save someone from getting hurt
builders that try to pass them off as roadworthy should be ridiculed for what they are, stupid fuckers
it is very simple

M.B Co said:

I wouldn't have been able to design the rear brake system to adapt a Hayabusa rear set to my CB360 without xb's help. He offers a lot of really good advice and years of experience. He might be crass sometimes, but the dude's got nothing to prove to any of us. He's offering up for free. And some of this criticism might actually be the comments that save our life.

xb33bsa said:
dangerous designs need to be singled out , so as to MAYBE help some noobs know the truth
also MAYBE save someone from getting hurt
builders that try to pass them off as roadworthy should be ridiculed for what they are, stupid fuckers
it is very simple

I understand. But I guess I see worse bikes on the road in worse mechanical condition as bad tires, no lights etc...

deviant said:
I wouldn't have been able to design the rear brake system to adapt a Hayabusa rear set to my CB360 without xb's help. He offers a lot of really good advice and years of experience. He might be crass sometimes, but the dude's got nothing to prove to any of us. He's offering up for free. And some of this criticism might actually be the comments that save our life.

Good to hear. I'm sure he is a very wise man and glad to hear that he helps out.

AlphaDogChoppers said:
We get more exposure to the "dumb twats" than ever through the magic of the Internet.

We don't count "ticks on the odometer" around here, but those of us who have acquired some of the wisdom of age have done so because we were the less dumb of the dumb twats in our youth. Yeah, Darwin had some pretty good points.

Ann Landers used to say, "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." The goal is to survive the bad judgement to acquire the good judgement. I have a feeling you will do OK in that respect.

I guess part of the goal of posting this thread to begin with is that there are a lot of new guys who come into the forum who start building such absurd abortions as this bike, all in the name of cool. Cool only goes so far. I am still alive as I approach 60, and I think that is cool as shit!

I'm with you 100%. I think it's safe to say that most of us got into motorcycles and whatever else we're each into mostly because we thought they were cool. Like you said, though, it seems to me that problems tend to arise when thinking something is cool is where the thought process ends. I can also really appreciate that, even when people don't want to listen, the impulse to pass on well-intentioned good advice will always prevail and so I understand why people who have gained some wisdom and experience want to impart it whenever possible.

I also understand that it's sadly hilarious to see the mayhem some folks inflict on their bikes. We might not always agree with everything said on here but what fun would these conversations be if it was just a bunch of people blowing sunshine up each others' asses all day. Part of what I've found great about this site is that there is an opportunity to converse about this stuff with other interested people we'd otherwise never meet - even if xb33bsa seemingly wants to cut everyone's hands off.

Anyways, I ramble too much. I'm just getting into this world and I know I'll be needing a lot of guidance so I'm really glad that I found this place and that there are still experienced people who aren't so cynical and frustrated that they've completely given up on helping out those of us who do appreciate other opinions.

Jesus I should of watched the whole video.

Valid points lol

RyanJ said:
I'm with you 100%. I think it's safe to say that most of us got into motorcycles and whatever else we're each into mostly because we thought they were cool. Like you said, though, it seems to me that problems tend to arise when thinking something is cool is where the thought process ends. I can also really appreciate that, even when people don't want to listen, the impulse to pass on well-intentioned good advice will always prevail and so I understand why people who have gained some wisdom and experience want to impart it whenever possible.

I also understand that it's sadly hilarious to see the mayhem some folks inflict on their bikes. We might not always agree with everything said on here but what fun would these conversations be if it was just a bunch of people blowing sunshine up each others' asses all day. Part of what I've found great about this site is that there is an opportunity to converse about this stuff with other interested people we'd otherwise never meet - even if xb33bsa seemingly wants to cut everyone's hands off.

Anyways, I ramble too much. I'm just getting into this world and I know I'll be needing a lot of guidance so I'm really glad that I found this place and that there are still experienced people who aren't so cynical and frustrated that they've completely given up on helping out those of us who do appreciate other opinions.

indeed. i wouldnt feel so good about myself if i didnt know there are hipsters that pretend to know what they are doing, while i just dont have a fucking clue.

im 23 and just now getting into motorbikes. i got one for cheaper transportation and easier fixin'. my decision on what bike to buy however is what i think is cool. which is a tiny bike that goes fast, and 2 strokes fit the bill.

Ya that bike looks a bit dangerous.

On the plus side, however, I like the way the seat cowl is designed to rise up to the edge of the tank and therefore covers that often not-so-attractive gap left when using original tanks and thin seats.

Also, I like the colour and pin striping. Would NOT want to ride it for very long.

Here is my thoughts on this.

Does the bike look good? Yes

Is that front suspension safe? No. It hardly has ANY compression to it and I would hate to have to go over any bumps or waves in a road.

Why is it spelled Cafe' for? Did someone forget how to spell a proper french word? Last I looked it was café

firebane said:
Here is my thoughts on this.

Does the bike look good? Yes

Is that front suspension safe? No. It hardly has ANY compression to it and I would hate to have to go over any bumps or waves in a road.

Why is it spelled Cafe' for? Did someone forget how to spell a proper french word? Last I looked it was café
you are obviously a hater!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

mydlyfkryzis said:
you are obviously a hater!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

???

I wouldn't say a hater.. but I can say that the way the whole "style" over "function" craze going on does bother me.

Err, was being sarcastic. That's why the "cool" smileys.

So many call out "hater" to any criticism. I was being facetious.

:)

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

mydlyfkryzis said:
Err, was being sarcastic. That's why the "cool" smileys.

So many call out "hater" to any criticism. I was being facetious.

:)

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

I know what you meant 8)

With a bit of refining that bike has potential. I'm not real big on water cooled bikes (other than Vulcan v-twins, you CAN safely delete the cooling system on them), but, I'd give that one a spin. I'd lay even money I could break it in half in under 30 minutes of my "normal" riding style... I killed the same Harley 10 times in 6 months, and it was new... ;D

Scruffy said:
I'm not real big on water cooled bikes (other than Vulcan v-twins, you CAN safely delete the cooling system on them.

Not sure what you're trying to say here??

Unless you are just riding the bike half a mile down the road in the snow, a watercooled engine needs watercooling.

Back
Top Bottom