Honda CB250N Superdream Tracker/Brat First Project

mattbarber660

About time to start my project log I guess!

Me and a buddy bought a pair of Superdream's from eBay a couple of weeks ago. Progress has been slow as spare time has been tight. The plan is to end up with some sort of Brat/Tracker type bike, similar to the style of this: http://motorivista.com/honda-cb250/

The bikes were last running about 4/5years ago and are pretty much complete. There's a big box of spares as well as a spare engine, tank, forks, shocks etc. We paid just under £300 for the two bikes, which I guess isn't too bad for our first projects. I

My buddy James stripped the carbs off and cleaned them up and managed to get one bike running before he starts to strip it completely, albeit a little rough. I think the carbs need setting up properly as it's a bit of a struggle to keep it going with the throttle.

I pulled the carbs out of mine to clean them up before we try and get it going and discovered a nasty surprise, the P/O has done a bit of a bodge on one. (See pics below) Is this something I should be worried about/be looking for a new carb?

Hopefully I should be able to get it going this weekend before I start stripping it. There's no real time limit on this project, just something to do in my spare time to learn about how a bike works and to hopefully end up with something nice to ride at the end of it.

Attachments

• cb250n3.jpg
    cb250n3.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC_0113.JPG
    DSC_0113.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 309
  • DSC_0114.JPG
    DSC_0114.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 300
Back
Top Bottom