mad mordigans 78 CB750

weird so originally I thought it looked weird so u went and bought a gsxr front end a wider rear wheel thinking such a skinny rear tire made the back end look funny, now I'm realizing a 17" rear wheel with 160 tire would be way smaller than the 18 and might look more goofy especially since my rear shocks are longer than stock. too late I already bought the rear rim and don't know what to do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 346
Wheels look good to me. a fat 17" rear wheel will make a much steeper lean angle required for cornering. i'm not sure how you plan on riding this thing but ground clearance in a turn is already limited on these old bikes.

it's all relative I guess. I think this bike will stay true to being a "CAFE" racer, I have my supermoto for otherwise but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be doing any spirited riding once in a while with the CB.

still haven't had a chance to ride it yet coz I'm working out a few issues with paint and and stuff but i'll give an update on rear sets once i get to it.

You know I completely forgot about this thread, I’ve been on and off working on it as I couldn’t get the bike to idle right. Currently getting that sorted out. However, between the last update and now, I did slap on the 17’s, put a gsxr front end on it, had to get the new controls wired up, moved the rearsets forward, figure out how to mount the headlight, and in the midst of getting it up and running switched over to a Pamco ignition. These are pictures from when I got married last year. Of course the bike came to the venue!

0d402550c640ff96fd641accafe931b6.jpg

adedff015e0aa67a7a2a7163f1704eef.jpg

You did a great job, that bike looks great! inspiration for my build for sure.
Hope she runs as good as it looks!

Thanks guys, just a couple small details to finish up and then I’m off to start one of the other neglected project bikes 8)

absolutly gorgeous bikes there

could i have some info on the wheel setup
im trying to go similar for a RD350 i need advices
thanks

kar1zma said:
absolutly gorgeous bikes there

could i have some info on the wheel setup
im trying to go similar for a RD350 i need advices
thanks

Thanks, the front hub was from Cognito Moto, if I’m remembering correctly I used Sun aluminum rims laced with Buchanan spokes on this particular wheelset. The rear hub is the stock hub. The thing to mind is the clearances you’ll have to play around with around the chain, swingarm and between the forks. Luckily I was fine around the swingarm and frame however I did have to modify the rear brake stay by bending it in order to clear the rear tire.

Back
Top Bottom