XS360 Bratstyle Replica- Codenamed: Sheeple II

I've got a similar setup on my XS360, just wondering what size jets you used. Pilots, mains, needle position...

b5iveS4 said:
I've got a similar setup on my XS360, just wondering what size jets you used. Pilots, mains, needle position...

First, I removed rubber from the inside of the filter coupler so it would not block the atmospheric and air ports of the carb. I replaced the stock 135 main with a 145.5. I replaced the stock 17.5 pilot with a 42.5. The mixture screw is out 2 turns. I raised the needle up one notch. Also note I had a Jardine 2 into 1 with a proper baffle and ran 93 octane. Even if this is your identical set up, it is only a starting point and follow proper plug chop procedures to fine tune or bring it over to your friend's shop that has a dyno ;)

Thanks for the info! I'd say our setups are similar but not identical. I'm running a 2-1 exhaust i welded up myself with a shorty reverse come muffler. I do have pod filters but I spaced them with about a 3 inch spaced and made sure the air ports were not blocked. I'm going to raise my needle one notch and hope that helps with the mid range break-up. I've got a 140 main jet in now but have 145s and 150s on the way. As far as my pilots go...I think I only have 20s in right now. Seems to run ok down low and idle is maybe a little high. Could be a lean symptom...?

Pics of Sheeple IV are here : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=2495.msg813415#msg813415

( no build thread as it's the same as this one)

Back
Top Bottom