Lets see your front end swaps!

1sttimer said:
That looks good! Getting a little off topic, but could you upload a few pics of how you have your headlight ears attached to the forks? Looks like some sort of metal strap?

Maybe on topic, as many fork conversions mean you need another way to mount headlight.

4 stainless hose clamps:

Some bent Alu through the bolts:

Done:

I'm not a huge fan of the construction though so will be looking to have them made on a CNC at some point and build the mount into the ear themselves too.

Mine is held on a similar way but I used a large piece of aluminum angle to accomplish the same type of mount. I'll get pictures this weekend when I get over to the garage where my bike is

8b29d76c98c34dccc6299914520c94fb.jpg

'06 GSXR 600 front end on a CB750 sohc.

BSA C11G 250 with CB250RS forks and triples, Vmax bars and XR250 wheel

one day in the distant future (after the CB750 is finished and the vmax is modified to my satisfaction) the baby BSA will become a trials bike (even i'm not stupid enough to consider putting it on the road, even with its new motor and g/box its still suicidally slow)

The simplest front-end swap e-v-e-r. '86 fz600 forks into the triple clamps of a '74 h2b:

Slid the rear swing arm in place while we were at it. ;) :D

I kept this swap as simple as possible by keeping the wheels and brakes from the fz600. :)

Looks like this now:

This one was a little more complicated, but not terribly so. :D

'77 kz1000 frame and a '04 zx10r front end. Press the stem out of the kz bottom triple clamp and press it into the zx10r triple clamp. LSR aftermarket upper triple clamp and away we go!

Kept the wheels and brakes from the zx10r as well. ;)

Now she looks like this:

Well, not exactly like this today... but pretty close. :D

Do any of you own a 1st gen.(85-87') Rebel 250? if so,would you measure the fully extended length of a fork/slider assm. from top to bottom please ? thanks ;)

Nice lookin swap and XS 8) I think all the flat parts would tie nicer in gloss, in fact everything gold and flat hauled off to the frame PC dude to match, wheels and the lot, swap the red UNI's to the Black, die the seat black and that thing would be Shauop! :eek: ... Just my dos lincolns though, it looks sweet as is.

Thanks Tuna-a-Fish! I personally would change a few things myself as well, I'd ditch the gold and tan and red and go all flat or all gloss finishes.....but I did this build for someone else.

and FunJimmy's bike remains one of my top 5 favorite builds. top notch work and every part on it compliments the whole

Have any of you taken a pr. of fork tubes(standard UJM forks:Not USD ones) to a custom shop to have them 'cut down'(the ones I want to use are too long)and re-threaded for the top caps ? I'd like to find someone who'll do that;I already have the correct length/size springs I want to use after the work.

Finnigan said:
What length do you need? I have a set off a cb450

I want to cut these Rebel 250 fork tubes down(they're 32" long total length) and install them on my bike,they're 33mm.I want to arrive at around 27-28.5 inches total fork leg length from top to the bottom of the lower slider. I appreciate you offering those CB450 ones to me ;), I'll try finding a custom shop to cut and re-thread these because I like the Rebel forks.

Back
Top Bottom