www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 2150cc Evo Custom Updates  (Read 4234 times)

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
Re: 2150cc Evo Custom Updates
« Reply #50 on: Apr 29, 2018, 00:17:23 »
Although I haven't worked on a softtail for about 10 yrs, the under-brace isn't actually brace but to reduce stress at the connection of arm and upright due to the shocks being underneath tranny and connected to bottom of your 'T'
It acts more like a pull rod
 You'll have to remove all the bolts to anodize it, unless you already have titanium ones? (anodizing doesn't like stainless)
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2018, 00:22:35 by crazypj »
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #51 on: Apr 29, 2018, 16:38:41 »
Yep the under braces work in extension not compression, I have a couple of ideas for making them a bit different from just a welded in bar. The countersunk bolts are all stainless, but its no trouble to remove them if needed to get the arm anodised or powder coated, now its been welded together.

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2018, 12:38:40 »
Had an interesting morning, weighing the XL1250 and a near standard XL883 yesterday, using the calibrated scales built into the brake testing machine used for the annual test with have here in the UK.

Wasn't sure how accurate the method would be, as it tests one wheel at a time, but the numbers we got from the near standard bike were close to its official weight (485lbs for a 1991 XL883).

The XL1250 would be lighter of course, but how much? It weighed in at 400 lbs with only a little fuel in the tank. Not bad at all. Still hasn't been set up on the dyno due to lack of time, but it sounds ok being run up and down the road..  here it is if you want to hear it..

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #53 on: Jun 15, 2018, 17:57:10 »
My mates XL1250 finally had its first run on the dyno today. Its running way too rich, and with standard cams and rejetted OE carb, we weren't expecting huge power numbers. Although it was built for low end torque over top end HP in any case.

Despite running rich, it made decent power, with a smooth graph, no sudden dips in HP as the revs climbed. With leaner jetting should make more a bit more HP.

What did it make?  You'll have to watch it running on the dyno to find out .. 
    :)