Xs750 896cc engine rebuild and chop!

Playing the waiting game here..
Got the important electric parts this week: motogadget box and regulator, along with the ignition box and battery i am ready to make a nice little box..
Hammered out the roughest bits of the tank and realised im just gonna make it worse if i go on so i will try and weld it up this weekend and finish off the mounts and tap connection.

Haha so awesome. I've got to be honest though... The gold seat puts it over the top for me. But I tend to go more understated, whereas I can tell that's not really your style :)

The copper doesn't disappoint.

This one is not about understating no, more a clear message as to the owners lifestyĺe choices :D
I use my blackened thruxton for the more discreet approach..
And its actually bronze!
I think copper would be too soft and eventually go brittle and break by the vibes, this is a spring quality alloy i raped my wallet to acquire, looking forward to seeing how it holds up..

that's right, I new it was bronze. Insane.

I assumed you had something else that you could ride when you didn't want to punch people in the face with your gold banana seat ;)

Man do i love that seat, super proud of it! Cant remember when i was nervous about making something before, really happy it turned out the freaky way it did! :D

Oh, the stock xs i got along with the parts for this build also upsets some peoples finer sense of aesthetics..

Haha that's funny. It's too easy to piss people off.

I'd be proud of that seat too if I made it! Definitely not dissing the craftsmanship :)

that looks awesome! did you use an existing fender as the mold? or was it totally free hand?
either way looks wicked cool and bike is coming along great! keep it up!

No man, no molds here, just rolled and shrunk it freehand!
Don't think a mold would have helped anyway :)
Thanks a lot man!

Oh its not the end result! Just tried polishing it a bit, will be experimenting with patination further on..
But the tank is all sealed and gasproof now! Tonight I'll be welding the fender up. Then on to other things for a bit, like lights and electrics. Still waiting for the engine parts..

Back
Top Bottom