Xs750 896cc engine rebuild and chop!

Thats not the plan really, i have something else planned for it :)
Just wanted to see how nice i could get it..

I'm making things in steel. Infinitely rewarding. Really, don't even want to stop for food and sleep...

jesus! I made a full set with stuff from summitracing.com for about $30 a line....about $90 per bike.

datadavid said:
Yea i feel raped.. dont have any pressing tools so i cant make these myself. And i live in sweden..

that sweden part I'm sure is the issue. I don't have pressing tools either, but on summit you can buy many different lengths of stainless lines with -3AN female ends on them, then buy whatever end fittings you need with male -3AN on them....for example, I bought a 35 degree -3AN to 10mm banjo, a straight -3AN to 10mm banjo, and a 14" stainless -3AN to -3AN line to make the rear hose. the ends were about $4-6 ea and the line was $18.

10689511_1548004708746991_5924942905803129878_n.jpg

If I had to do it again, I'd probably try to file the flanges on the caliper to use a straight banjo on the caliper end, and run a 10" line instead to make it look more streamlined, but a straight one wouldn't mount up unless I used a double banjo bolt with a capped banjo fitting as a spacer and I didn't wanna do that.

Yea those AN screw-on types aren't really allowed in sweden anyhow, could mean trouble in the vehicle inspection..

datadavid said:
Yea those AN screw-on types aren't really allowed in sweden anyhow, could mean trouble in the vehicle inspection..

fair enough. inspections here are pretty lax..... it's $10 and they basically walk around the bike, turn on blinkers and other lights, record mileage, and put the sticker on.

focusinprogress said:
fair enough. inspections here are pretty lax..... it's $10 and they basically walk around the bike, turn on blinkers and other lights, record mileage, and put the sticker on.
Its basically become the same here, since they let go of the goverment monopoly on vehicle inspections and let in the comeptition, and they very rarely say anything about those connectors, unless you are registering a new vehicle i.e a scratch chopper build, but if you get the wrong guy.. wouldnt want that.
Also turned out after i ordered these my old man said he had tons of braided lines just wasting space in his shop. Oh well..

Back
Top Bottom