Xs750 896cc engine rebuild and chop!

Got the old boy back

Not in too rough shape, spent the evening welding the cracked kick, fixing a few leaks and other minor f-ups. Its running sweet like before!

Phone really dont do it justice, its got a very sharp ring to it, especially now that i got the end silencer out! You can see the fishtail really vibrate wildly when i give it some throttle :D
Its whipping up some nasty high frequency shit! Gonna give the 3-3 exhaust a go i think, plus i need some type of chamber to muffle all the high frequency things going on..
But its pulling like a train now. Really happy with the engine character, might even be a few years before i change cams on it..

datadavid said:
Phone really dont do it justice, its got a very sharp ring to it, especially now that i got the end silencer out! You can see the fishtail really vibrate wildly when i give it some throttle :D
Its whipping up some nasty high frequency shit! Gonna give the 3-3 exhaust a go i think, plus i need some type of chamber to muffle all the high frequency things going on..
But its pulling like a train now. Really happy with the engine character, might even be a few years before i change cams on it..
Think i solved the problem..
https://youtu.be/HVtJx-brEfo
It does sound kind of pissed off! Must be this disgusting winter thing.

Thats more like it!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1448465246031.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1448465246031.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 264
Trailer Park Boys kicks ass.

If you have Netflix over there, watch it that way. There used to be a bunch of full episodes on youtube but when netflix bought the series they took em all down.

There are movies that go between the seasons as well, and if you miss those some of the plot lines get a little hard to follow.

Rickyisms.

Laheys Shitisms.

Julians drink.

Bubbles and his kitties.

Just a few of the finer points.

Yea i watched a few episodes years back, never really caught on to it though, even if i totally relate to the boys..

Did the coarse grinding and polishing. Damn i hate that dusty mess..
Turns out nice though, not sure if im copper plating or chroming the pipes yet?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1452113399162.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1452113399162.jpeg
    478 KB · Views: 273
Lookin kinda wicked - sounds even worse!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1452113703835.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1452113703835.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 279
A 5mm thick steel plate at the original mounting points. Plus rubber damping. Sharp triple vibes require some extra heavy duty stuff..

Back
Top Bottom