Xs750 896cc engine rebuild and chop!

DohcBikes said:
That bike is RAW

No pics of foreign ladies????
Well.. technicslly my lady is foreign here, but i try not to take too many pics of the other ones when shes around..

datadavid said:
1ab2929a49099acd318f7571f90c5079.jpg

Though its a bit lean.. hmm..

Is this the bike you're running those triumph carbs on? I'm a bit lean with mine too. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no it got lean after i put on the full open 3-3 exhaust! With the 3-1 fishtail its perfect.
And silly old me thought it would have less exhaust velocity with this setup..

DohcBikes said:
you're kidding right? pretty simple concept really
No i actually thought exhaust scavenging would aid breathing.. notice i am no engineer in any way, just working from a little experience.

Scavenging aids efficiency. I'm not an engineer either, don't need to be.

Anyway, jet up before your #2 piston gets angry

Of course man, busy keeping my old enfield alive through india right now boss.. :D
Will be as usual starting rich, around #160, maybe #165 on the center, and working down. Lucky to have a master carb tuner around the corner with a massive stock of all brands, and a massive pile of oem keihin mains to throw around for testing✌

canyoncarver said:
Sounds like a blast. Lookup AgentX's Enfield here on DTT.
Yea ive seen it, hardcore stuff!
They are very easy to work on, which is good cause they typically need a lot of work..

So the enfield is sold and not much missed. Cool bike though. Back from india with a bad cold and peeling skin, will try and get some jets for this thing and do some road tests now.

Got 160 mains in, still jittery in the midrange.. so i shimmed the needles. Too damn cold for a test ride now but will be back on it soon. Felt better on the throttle though, less hesitation.

Bumped the needles up about 1,2mm, no stuttering and jerking anymore, fuckers still lean though!
Must be pumping a whole hell of a lot more air cause this thing is getting harder to hold on to..
Now it feels like its not able to feed the carbs enough fuel cause after i go full blast, let off the throttle and smack it back on it misses a bit before throwing me back into turbine mode.
Im having fun with this, its actually scaring me!
Next step will be to raise fuel level another mm or two. And write this down somewhere cause i need to backstep every second year when i put the street legal exhaust on for inspection..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1458744100915.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1458744100915.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 287
I thought I was going to have to shim the needles on those Mikuni's I picked up, but it turns out the needles are adjustable. Bumped the up to the top spot and it feels pretty good. Plugs look similar to yours actually. Put around 200 miles on it the other day until I blew my rear shock :(

Love how the bike feels with these newer carbs man. Forever indebted to you for the encouragement.

treitz said:
I thought I was going to have to shim the needles on those Mikuni's I picked up, but it turns out the needles are adjustable. Bumped the up to the top spot and it feels pretty good. Plugs look similar to yours actually. Put around 200 miles on it the other day until I blew my rear shock :(

Love how the bike feels with these newer carbs man. Forever indebted to you for the encouragement.
Middle one is nice and crispy..
Gonna have to go richer still, good thing its convenient..
Adjustable needles? Nice. I put some tiny plastic shims under mine, did the trick!
Happy you like them, i sure prefer mine to 30+ y.o. clapped out carbs that cant stay synced for more than 30 minutes!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1458758536350.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1458758536350.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 294
Back
Top Bottom