'74 CB 360 Cafe Build - Luna - "Done"!

Of course, after sitting, the crappy front brake on this bike decided to seize up AGAIN (after I put about $100 in parts into rebuilding it). So I threw the stock setup in the trash and set out to swap. I used an EX500 rotor, EX650 caliper and GsS500 master cylinder. Made a 27” SS line with some fittings from Summit Racing. Bracket done up in 1/4” steel with some spacers welded in place. Better braking and it looks the part.

The night before the buyer picked it up I couldn’t quite get it to run right. Wanted to stall every time I snapped the throttle. After looking and looking I finally found that the intake boots weren’t sealing at all. I pulled the carbs and boots off, installed new gaskets and spread a thin layer of yamabond on each side of the gasket. Let em dry overnight and voilá she ran like a top.

A quick shakedown run on a Sunday and she went off to her new home.

Attachments

• IMG_9811.JPG
    IMG_9811.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1219.jpg
    IMG_1219.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 299
  • IMG_9812.JPG
    IMG_9812.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 289
  • IMG_9814.JPG
    IMG_9814.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1214.JPG
    IMG_1214.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1217.JPG
    IMG_1217.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 278
Re: '74 CB 360 Cafe Build - Luna - "Done"!

Mate just read through your thread for the first time, Luna sure is a looker. Must be bittersweet parting with her, the new owner must be stoked.

And we have the same taste in gold carb hats. My man

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

The Jimbonaut said:
Mate just read through your thread for the first time, Luna sure is a looker. Must be bittersweet parting with her, the new owner must be stoked.

And we have the same taste in gold carb hats. My man

Thanks dudes. It was bittersweet, but I have so many other projects going on that I had been neglecting this old girl for way too long. The new owner is a young guy who wants to really take it to that next level that I never brought it to, so I'm happy to see it go somewhere that it will get the attention it deserves.

I hear you. I’ve only got one project waiting in the wings but it’s a one in one out deal around here - pretty sure Rhonda’s gonna be on the block soon too.

Congrats again on the sale fella, now let’s see that ghia build thread

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

This project was my inspiration!

My humble cb389 bows before the best looking of all cb360 builds !

Steve

Sderbyshire said:
This project was my inspiration!

My humble cb389 bows before the best looking of all cb360 builds !

Steve

Thank you sir! That means a lot. Glad I could provide some inspiration and insight for some of the awesome builds on here.

Back
Top Bottom