CB500K rearset idea

I think thats part of why tracker & scrambler builds have been gaining in popularity. They look cool, and you can ride around town without having to go see a chiropractor twice a week.

AMD500 said:
Last plug for the cb400f bars...they are predrilled to run all your wires and such...looks really clean.

will keep in mind, quick look on ebay, $200 for only set I saw but they sure look like super bike bars/eurobars and all the other "low" bar stuff, no big deal to drill for set pins and wire running if need be, I did it to the clip ons easy enough, thanks for the input, might just move this bike more toward a "retro tribute' thing, going for old Vincent look or something, right now it landed in the "rat bike" category, which is really BAD A$$ and everyone compliments the heck out of it which makes me laugh, parked next to my buddies $30,000 Harley, my $1 Honda with a $300 cafe/brat/rat job gets all the attention, even with an uncovered seat (which I hope to get the cover back for in a day or two). Granted, you can ride the Harley all day (if it stays running).

jvandyke said:
oh yes I am, I've pushed my share

That says a lot about you and your skills and nothing about Harleys... I've owned my fair share and never pushed one unless to bump start or off a trailer :eek:

hey, all in fun, at least from my end! no worries
I've never owned a Harley but most of my buddies do and they do seem a bit more "delicate" then the Hondas but that's just my observation from the "outside"

Harleys are very predictable... my last roadside was on a 10 FLTRX and the throttle decided it wanted to run a 1/4 and went to WFO from a stop... I knew of the issue with the throttle and happened to have a box containing a brand new one... Most that encounter the problem had been pulling the pins out of the connector to change it at about a 4 hour job... turns out in the headlight Harley has a bunched up and zip tied wad of slack for just this occasion, I snipped the slack loose and pulled the throttle out and what do ya say... a little green connector right in the bars... 20 minutes later and I'm on the road to finish another 600 mile day :eek:

Point is Harley... whichever one you ride, you need to "know" it's quirks and be prepared or modify the issue, Honda has it's share of failures, but they are rarely catastrophic and most are electrical.

Happened to be at the shop tonight and snapped a couple photos of my cafe bars on my CB500.

91c2b6bc47c816ecaee7901ff1ff2189.jpg

dd7ab924da9cfbec80fd7332e799bb69.jpg

Yeah, but the height increase and adjustable angle eliminated the wrist pain I'd get from my old clubmans.

Quick report. Rearsets were great all season.
Strong enough and placement seems perfect.
Only issue I had was occasionally knocking the peg up on take off (or forgetting to lower it) and finding no place for my foot once under way. Maybe I need a safety switch for my folding footpegs? God I hope I'm not quite that old.....yet.

I couldn't stand the wrist pain with the clip on bars two seasons back, ran super bike bars this past season and that combo was really nice. Almost found the perfect formula for my seat pan (like Goldilocks, first too soft, than too hard, third try will hopefully be "just right").
Bike is needing new rubber so now I'm researching spokes since this will be the time to redo the wheels.

Back
Top Bottom