"Kafe" out of the Box? 1982 GSX-1000 Katana

Re: "Kafe" out of the Box? 1982 GSX-1000 Katana

XVRacer said:
Yes, same motor, same chassis.

The bottom ends of the engines are the same, but the 1100's were (obviously) a different bore to the 1000's.

The Katanas also had different cams and a few other tweaks.

And the chassis on the EX is quite different to the Katana.

Hi all. First post here. I joined because I'll have lots of questions about some newly acquired bikes, namely a '76 CB500T, and a '79 CB750K. I'm in the process of getting rid of the nastiness on the 750, but I digress.
I ran across this thread and was reminded of my old Katana in Berlin. Yes, I believe it was probably the most beautiful production bike ever designed. Even so it was a popular bike in Berlin in the '80's, and everyone's bike looked just like the other, so I had to change it up a bit.

Like it or hate it, this is what I did:

As I said, I'm going to need some help - looking forward to getting back into the cafe scene. I may even need some pointers with an old Sportster. (gasp)

Definitely one of the most iconic bikes ever made. Pure sex. She is a hot chick that defies conventional ideas about beauty. And that's the thing. The lines are so different to anything before or after, that not everyone likes the look.

To my way of thinking, a truly sexy looking bike. If it were mine and close to stock I'd probably restore it and immediately sell it for big bucks and then go and find a ratty one to modify :)

With the right changes, they look tougher than Mike Tyson on a bad day - all attitude and hard as nails. Please avoid the Wes Cooley blue and white. I mean powder blue, WTF is that about? The ones with modern wheels (black) and forks (black) to offset the silver paint look wicked.

Not everyone agrees with my tastes, but that's hardly my fault now is it?

Definitely a heck yes if it turns out anything like this: http://motonetworks.com/restomod-katana-tribute-suzukis-legend-deserves/

Back
Top Bottom