Sporty Cafe Build

18Bravo

In spite of its name, the Sportster is obviously not the best choice for a Cafe transmogrification, but I hated it the way it was. My first chopper build used a Sportster motor and I was impressed with its simplicity, so I went on a Sportster and Buell motor buying binge. In this case the whole bike cost less than what i had paid for a motor, so I bought it just for the motor. After seeing the potential in it, I decided to give it a new life. It's not done yet, but the photos speak for themselves. Of course it has my signature Flash Bang hand grips and foot pegs, in case you're wondering what those are.

This is the first time I have seen a Honda tank replace a Sportster tank. Good luck with this project, there are some fine looking sportster cafe bikes. Hide Motorcycle from Japan has a really nice example.

Looks decent with the Honda tank, although the tank does look a little small.

I wonder if you could fabricate a new sub frame to level the line of the tank out with what ever seat you use. It would make for good storage between the two sub frames as well.

I'm thinking of doing something very similar, but instead of storage I'd like to fab up a simple oil tank between the rails. I may be able to get a small battery under the Honda tank, which is actually horseshoe shaped when viewed from the rear. In essence I want to skeletonize the whole frame. I'm sure it's been done before, but I've never seen photos of it.

Back
Top Bottom