Cafe seat cowl

dminner

Does anyone want this? I started to make a cafe seat out of an old harley davidsone amf tank, but I think I am just going to buy one. It is so nice out and I want the porject to be finished so I think I am just going to buy a preupostereld cafe seat. Here are a couple pics, it has already been cut:

bike%20005a.JPG

bike%20007a.JPG

bike%20006a.JPG

I would like to get $25 out of it. I paid around $40. But I am open to offers or trades, if I could use them, I have a cb550 project I am working on.

dminner said:
Does anyone want this? I started to make a cafe seat out of an old harley davidsone amf tank, but I think I am just going to buy one. It is so nice out and I want the porject to be finished so I think I am just going to buy a preupostereld cafe seat. Here are a couple pics, it has already been cut:

bike%20005a.JPG

bike%20007a.JPG

bike%20006a.JPG

I would like to get $25 out of it. I paid around $40. But I am open to offers or trades, if I could use them, I have a cb550 project I am working on.

Where are you located? I might be interested...
What kind of cb550 parts do you need?

Cheers
N

All I can think of off the top of my head is a tach cable and the throttle control (the thing with the kill switch start button, etc, mine is pretty shitty looking). I could also use some sort of aftermarket mini brake light.

Oh yeah, and I live in Indianapolis, IN.

I"ll check for ya.
I think I might have a spare throttle control.

Cheers
N

locOleoN said:
I"ll check for ya.
I think I might have a spare throttle control.

Cheers
N

OK... I have a spare throttle control with Kill Switch and Starter Button from another cb550F.
It doesn't have the plastic throttle sleeve for the grip, but its pretty darn clean.
I dont have a tach cable or taillight but I did find a new flush trun signal wtih LEDs.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Cheers
N

Noel,

Will that fit my bike? (mine isnt an F) Mine has and additionl on/off switch above the start button and 6 wires instead of 5 ???

Thats a good question... I have no idea!!
Send me a pic of your throttle control.
The wires are coded:
1. blk w/ red stripe
2. yellow w/ red stripe
3. blw w/ white stripe
4. 2 solid blk

I have another throttle start/kill unit that came from my parts bike a 1978 cb550K and its identical.
What year is yours?

post a pic of what you have so that I can see the differences

Cheers
N

I think this is what you have dan...
I believe thats and on/off switch for your headlight.
the later cb550s turn the headlights on automatically.
I just wired a red missle switch to turn off/on the headlight.

My switch will work fine, except your headlights will turn on automatically when you turn the key on, or you can be creative and wire up a kill switches like I did

Cool, so I just leave the wire loose it wont cause any problems? The headlight will just come on automatically? Im fine with that. Also, you dont happen to have a 550 headlight bucket in decent shape laying around do you?

I dont believe so... I"ll have to check it for ya.
I do have 2 headlight buckets, (incidently enough...)I not sure if they are cb 550 or cb750. I'll have to compare them, which I can do tomorrow and I"ll let you know.

Do you want the flush turn signals?

N

No, I dont need the signals, I have a set that I like, but thank you. But yeah, check on the switch and the bucket and its a deal. Or, worse comes to worse, if you can walk me through how to wire the external switch thats fine too. I just have no clue what i am doing when it comes to the electronics.

OK.. I'll check the buckets that I have to see if they are same as on my cb550 and I'll do a bit of research on the switches and let you know tomorrow how you would wire it.
What year is your cb550?

N

Hey Dan,
Can you confirm that the 6 wires coming from your throttle are:
Headlight switch:
1. black (ground)
2. brown w/ white stripe (power to headlights)
Kill Switch:
3. black (gound)
4. black w/ white stripe (power to the coils)
Start Button
5. Green w/ Red Stripe
6. Red w/ yellow stripe

Oh by the way, the headlight buckets that I have are probably for a cb750. They look nothing like the bucket on my cb550.

Back
Top Bottom