cb 750 f2 78 cafe build

That's wot I call a polished finish she gonna look stunning mate 8) 8)

Cheers mate nearly ready to drop frame and swing arm plus a few other small bits n pieces off at powder coaters ::) then I might feel like ime nearer end than beginning haha :p been waiting two weeks for rear wheel parts from david silvers hope they come in soon ??? getting withdrawal symptoms, needs me new parts fix haha ;)

was thinking of using a new place called MSS in Morley they are pretty switched on to bike builder / projects I usually use one in Brighouse called sherwoods fantastic finish but they don't do bead blasting so they send it away ? theres one right on my doorstep in Wortley leeds but they don't blast they dip strip parts don't fancy throwing my frame with steering races into the soup tank haha :eek:

Do they have a web site .there's a new place near me just opened I was thinking of using them .he is into his bikes .say he will not let any thing go out of shop till he's 100% happy with them .so I probably give him a try

Yes mate its www.mss-workshop.co.uk also looked at triple 's' in Bingley there website actually shows complete price list a cb750 £99 + vat for frame and swing arm includes blasting/prepping any minor repair work and powdercoat they are well into motorcycles

Looking for some opinions on wheels .was going to do them in black .but now thinking of just doing the spokes in graphite grey .and leaving rims polished . To match tank & seat . Also thinking of doing frame in graphite. Or do I just do all black frame and wheels .

Had a go with wheels today to see what they would look like with spokes powder coated .rims polished .Just sanded spokes went over with a rattle can .think they look good .going to go ahead and get them done

Attachments

• IMAG1059_1.jpg
    IMAG1059_1.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 403
  • IMAG1061_1.jpg
    IMAG1061_1.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 393
  • IMAG1062_1.jpg
    IMAG1062_1.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 400
Like the look of graphite spokes & polished rims shows more work n thought gone into your project I would stick with it 8) my donor bike for latest project was silver tank/seat with all black frame / wheels / side panels jury was out 50/50 on wether it looked good or not these might give ya an idea

Attachments

• DSC06598.JPG
    DSC06598.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 428
  • DSC06597.JPG
    DSC06597.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 426
  • DSC06594.JPG
    DSC06594.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 429
Like the black spokes/polished rims, especially with the polished tank/seat. But can they mask cleanly and ensure no chipping down the road if you have the wheels powder coated?

I thought about that but the wheels are hollow in side and the carbon graphics wouldn't take into it :(

Tim they said they can mask them off but I don't no about chipping .I think it will be tougher than paint

Decided to have wheels full powder coated. Had a few other things done .also started detabing frame .

Attachments

• IMAG1131_2.jpg
    IMAG1131_2.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 398
  • IMAG1125_1.jpg
    IMAG1125_1.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 394
  • IMAG1124_1.jpg
    IMAG1124_1.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 429
  • IMAG1103_1.jpg
    IMAG1103_1.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 417
  • IMAG1118_1.jpg
    IMAG1118_1.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 406
yozzer74 said:
Decided to have wheels full powder coated. Had a few other things done .also started detabing frame .

Where did you have the carbon fiber tattooed on the cover?

I'm in the UK don't no were you are mate had it done at hydro precision in mexbrough southYorkshire

Whoever does your hydro dip does a nice job! Looks like they used a candy/smoke over top of pattern to give it a more realistic look. I do that when I do carbon too.

Back
Top Bottom