www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 1977 CB750 Deviant Hell Ride  (Read 78370 times)

Offline cervix a lot

Re: 1977 CB750 Deviant Hell Ride
« Reply #40 on: Mar 24, 2015, 10:12:45 »
So glad I found this addition to the older thread, I am waiting on my cb500t tank to come so I can mount it on my 77 cb750k frame. Any tips or tricks you can give me on how to get it to mount easier? Also I noticed there was a gap between your tank and seat, is that gap present when using any seat based off the stock seat pan? (My bike is at my friends shop right now so I can't mock it up in person. Anyways thanks for any help you can give me, your build looks rad!

Cheers!
Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #41 on: Mar 24, 2015, 11:05:46 »
I've got the seat on my GL now, which leaves a gap.  As far as fit on the 750, I think it was made for a more forward position at the tail, so it really depends on the length of the hoop.  With the tank, there are a couple of places around both sides of the middle of the tank and inside of the petcock that needs to be massaged with a hammer to fit over the frame well. 

Offline cervix a lot

« Reply #42 on: Mar 24, 2015, 13:20:01 »
I've got the seat on my GL now, which leaves a gap.  As far as fit on the 750, I think it was made for a more forward position at the tail, so it really depends on the length of the hoop.  With the tank, there are a couple of places around both sides of the middle of the tank and inside of the petcock that needs to be massaged with a hammer to fit over the frame well.

Thanks for the info! I guess I could have worded my question regarding the seat gap a bit better, I am trying to run the cb500 tank with the stock cb750 seat, do you happen to know if it fits without leaving a gap?
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2015, 13:50:24 by cervix a lot »

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Got to keep the loonies on the path...
« Reply #43 on: Mar 26, 2015, 07:59:53 »
I mocked it up that way once way back when I started. It didn't fit very well.  The 500t tank is a tad longer and needs a custom rear mount where the stock tank used the rubber stay.  It also had a king & queen seat, so it was all kinda crunched. Probably workable if you shave a bit off the front of the seat tho.

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #44 on: Mar 26, 2015, 08:11:25 »
Thanks, E.  I forgot to reply.  I notice the hook on the tank and the hook on the frame or literally over top of each other.  It should be an easy fab to figure out a mount.  I have not gotten that far, though.  I plan to get an E wheel from Brad, so until April the tin knocking is on hold. 

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #45 on: Mar 26, 2015, 20:34:47 »
Apparently, the front end is not as complex as I thought. According to my daughter, it's just a matter of getting my hardware right.

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Got to keep the loonies on the path...
« Reply #46 on: Mar 26, 2015, 22:52:06 »
Coming from Brad it oughta be called a Canadian wheel or a French wheel. Anything but English wheel :P kidding... That's awesome. I'd love to know how to do that one day. Yeah i figured it wouldn't be hard to make a mount back there. But I do recall the stock seat is a big crunch with that tank. I gave the original seat away For that reason.

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #47 on: Mar 28, 2015, 12:35:07 »
It'll go a little something like this...

I'm redoing the rear hoop to make it happen.

Offline cervix a lot

« Reply #48 on: Mar 28, 2015, 14:59:18 »
 :-\ looks as though I may have lept with out looking too carefully when I bought that 500t tank. Wwhen you say a crunch does that mean that it is doable or will it just not fit althogether? Also I am trying to solve the whole dual outlet on the petcock for the 500t and was thinking that running two lines into a Y-connector would be the easiest solution, can you speak to that at all?

Sorry I am not trying to hijack your thread it's just such a stroke of luck that I wanted to take the oppertunity to get as much info as I can haha. I really like how your bike is turning out witht he raw tank and the MX bars I was thinking about doing something very similiar.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #49 on: Mar 28, 2015, 15:03:10 »
nice