1977 CB750 Deviant Hell Ride

its a welding helmet for phil the minion

eric you rock that english wheel !

The oil bag side is hard as hell to do. A few more passes and it should be plenty smooth.

e1664413bcfc661e12b133404d08e77e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave myself a deadline of the end of Spring Break to finish the seat. i did not make my deadline. Tomorrow I go back to work. :'( The oil bag kicked my ass trying to form around it. I have both side covers and the seat tacked together. This week, I'll get the rear face with the tail light housing and the underside. I want to incorporate a fender somehow, but I've yet to come to a decision as to how.I also need to redo the rear hoop to match the upswing of the tail.

11156266_10206501422123617_6949810850685946127_n.jpg

If the hoop is not for anything other than structural triangulation you could bury it, and use it for a mounting surface. In other words... you don't need to see it in this tail like a bobber.

Tune-A-Fish said:
If the hoop is not for anything other than structural triangulation you could bury it, and use it for a mounting surface. In other words... you don't need to see it in this tail like a bobber.
Yep. The plan, at least how I envision it at the moment, is to notch it, push it up into the tail, weld up the notch, form the sheet to fit around it so it leaves the interior of the hoop exposed, then run a fender through it and use the hoop as a mount. The stock XL utilizes the hoop to mount the fender in a really nice way. I'm thinking I should copy that modus.

I cut triangular notches out of the top of the rear hoop on both sides, just behind the upper shock mounts. Pushed up the hoop so the bottom of the hoop matches the bottom of the seat. Welded it up. I think it looks right. Next up- close off the rear of the seat and French the rear tail light.

7fb6cb69e040f8487c03cf26d8658348.jpg

Looks like you could have standard loop look if you wanted a change... Just swap seats... Nice

Got the rear of the seat/tail sorted out. I still haven't decided once and for all if I want to go with the oval brake light. I also have some grinding to do on the welds at the seams, but the hard part is mostly done.

11152702_10206537458824512_6588725165774871865_n.jpg

Just picked up my head. They had to weld up and machine exhaust studs, plus a valve job. They did great work. $311 for everything and the wife is going to kick my ass. Let's see how I get out of this one.

c70c5f967bd4016da7749ca8fb363fd3.jpg

954e47135f554de381746642982ab9f8.jpg

Don't tell her? Never worked for me, but some people have two accounts I guess.

If you push, you could ride it next week!

Tune-A-Fish said:
Don't tell her? Never worked for me, but some people have two accounts I guess.

If you push, you could ride it next week!
Yep. I don't keep shit from her. I have a side job waiting on me that was supposed to cover it, too. If I can get one of my girls well enough to not have to babysit for a weekend while the wife works, I can make it back.

forgiveness is always easier than permission, I am not smart enough to lie, so I don't, I do keep cash from selling bike stuff and odd jobs separate from the joint account though to use for stuff like this and that makes it easier. she doesn't see it leave the account cause it never goes in. Less splaining to do that way.

Maritime said:
forgiveness is always easier than permission, I am not smart enough to lie, so I don't, I do keep cash from selling bike stuff and odd jobs separate from the joint account though to use for stuff like this and that makes it easier. she doesn't see it leave the account cause it never goes in. Less splaining to do that way.
Yeah. My Paypal serves that purpose for most things. It's mine and she doesn't question. Unfortunately, this one was debit from the bank.

Back
Top Bottom