1977 CB750 Deviant Hell Ride

Separate accounts man. That is how the missus and I do it. I don't see what she spends and she doesn't see what I spend. Not that I don't tell her what I have bought though.
We have a joint account for bills. The rest is for the individual.

Brodie said:
Separate accounts man. That is how the missus and I do it. I don't see what she spends and she doesn't see what I spend. Not that I don't tell her what I have bought though.
We have a joint account for bills. The rest is for the individual.

This works for some folks. My wife's parents have done things that way for 40+years. We on the other hand because I made 2X my wife's income when first out of school meant splitting bills 50/50 left her with nothing left to spend. So for a bit I would just pay for all the fun stuff, extras but that made her feel bad so we went the way of pay goes in the joint account, we each take our allowances which is ours to spend how we wish and then the rest of the $ we both decide what to do with it if anything is left after household bills. Works for the most part except when the pay goes in, bills come out and there is a - balance LOL. Finances is something that needs to work for the folks involved. Different ways to do it, but I know when you start hiding stuff, shit goes bad fast.

We have always just thrown the money in a pot and do what we have to do with it. I'll never hide from it. In the end, she knows I'll make it work out. I always do. Doesn't mean she won't take the opportunity to administer my lumps. ;)

I've tried managing accounts three different ways with three diffferent wives. Third times a charm. Full disclosure. Lol, but the learning part was uh..difficult.

We make decisions together on big stuff, I know when my Pay Pal card is maxed it's time to SWITCH TO AMEX lol haha! no really I just keep it between the lines and if I want something out of the box, I take on some side jobs or save up.

Tune-A-Fish said:
We make decisions together on big stuff, I know when my Pay Pal card is maxed it's time to SWITCH TO AMEX lol haha! no really I just keep it between the lines and if I want something out of the box, I take on some side jobs or save up.

Exactly.............................................

Back to a stock size lamp...

ed842ba59f62662c30b0cc8eac22aa97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bba5261d03b7b991532c9093ebca19df.jpg

a78ccb4275cf63aa08081b5015177348.jpg

To drag bars, or not to drag bars? That is the question...

awesomely ergonomic and comfy looking on your wrist when you do a left or right hand turn

looks like you would need extra wrist joint

Because of the bend angle? It's exactly the same angle as the Pro Tapers I just took off of it. They're just more narrow.

Idk I have been riding a bunch of motorcycles over the last 2-3 days and my GL with the lowest bars I ride the farthest hurts my wrist and hands the soonest. I am re-thinking my bar choice or at least my grips.

Headlight is a good turn, brings normalcy haah... Bars are like riser clipons typical sportbike ride position with better reach... turning "around" and backing out of parking spots is always a pain with limited stop to stop radius it's a trade off for some cool factor. put a tank bag on and you have a nice pillow for longer hauls :eek:

I agree. The bars were won in a raffle at Meltdown, so free and figure worth a look. I'm definitely looking for a more comfortable ride, much more like what a bigger XL would bring. The Pro Tapers just seem HUGE. I have Renthals on the XL that have a lower profile. What I think will happen is the Pro Tapers with the higher angle will go on the XL and the Renthals will end up here.

I just put a set of Renthal ultra lows on my big bike. Pulled them back a bit and I have comfort plus a little down turn. Going to have to put a turn stop on to keep from hitting the tank but I like the feel and look. There are some guys turning them upside down and they look really good but my tank is just to long for my arms to reach nice. Check out CRD #59 to see the upside down version.

No way in hell I do Renthals upside down.

On a big bike it was like clip ons...kinda reminded me of Hyde Mbars...need a set of risers to clear the tree. Ended up right side up myself to feel right. About an inch or so longer than the bars I took off.

A little musical handlebars: Renthals from XL to CB750, Pro Tapers to XL. A better deal for both...

d7aa96c603fc077bf349a6aa4883a73e.jpg

57d992534eed1307293b7186ee278e62.jpg

I'm finally getting the motor back together. Other than removing the dirt, grease and grime this motor is not going to be all polished and fancy. I want it to run well. That is all. Let patina be patina... well, except for the tappet cover. I got the valves all set, a new gasket and seal kit in and we're almost ready to put it in the frame. Just waiting on the 6mm allen screws to get shipped to bolt the tappet cover down.

11232229_10206798550911651_2240629227953653831_n.jpg

Looking good. I really enjoy watching 750 builds. The engine just looks massive in the pics. I suppose its all relative, as compared to the 100 im currently staring at.

deviant said:
I want it to run well. That is all. Let patina be patina.

thats my motto. :)

Back
Top Bottom