1977 CB750 Deviant Hell Ride

JustinLonghorn said:
Ha. At least the Apache was good for something.
Its good for camping too. If I ever replace that lift chain. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is listening, I've finished mounting the GS caliper. However, with the current setup the inside pad is sitting .660 mm off the disc. I assume the pads will wear unevenly, but is this too much of a gap? I can't find any information that references any gap tolerance.

deviant said:
If anyone is listening, I've finished mounting the GS caliper. However, with the current setup the inside pad is sitting .660 mm off the disc. I assume the pads will wear unevenly, but is this too much of a gap? I can't find any information that references any gap tolerance.

Seems like it will be grabby... Can you shim the pad with an extra backing plate(s)

deviant said:
the caliper should algin itsefl on the sliders if a lonley piston... if life pitsons that is widdin .025",the life pistons are con-stant-lee self center ,itslike magic i doan sea no ishoe neather way
WTF TIME WASTER WTFTW !!!!!!! NEXT QUESTION PLEASE

xb33bsa said:
WTF TIME WASTER WTFTW !!!!!!! NEXT QUESTION PLEASE
That chick in your avatar is hot, but why the fuck can't she wire a bike so that it doesn't leave her pushing in the desert?

HA! Just makin' sure. It was pointed out by someone that I expected knew what they were talking about. WTFDPTTKIA?

Old sprocket to the left, new one to the right. Still trying to decide if I want to cut the cogs off one and weld it to the other to make an offset sprocket or have a shim made.

904e00e3ff375a0f544720ef7859e5df.jpg

Dude you are talking about a very VERY precise welding job.

If its off center, any at all. your chain adjustment will be a nightmare.

You will have to spin that thing several times to find the tightest spot and adjust chain to that. If you adjust chain when it happens to be at the loose spot...it will stress crack and snap that chain.

I would atleast try shims first.

trek97 said:
Dude you are talking about a very VERY precise welding job.

If its off center, any at all. your chain adjustment will be a nightmare.

You will have to spin that thing several times to find the tightest spot and adjust chain to that. If you adjust chain when it happens to be at the loose spot...it will stress crack and snap that chain.

I would atleast try shims first.
Getting it center won't be hard. It's just a matter of having 3 - 5 tight fitting pins that tie the two together. The stock sprocket has a center hole tolerance too. It's about .5mm larger than the carrier and the bolts are not a tight fit. So, it's not necessarily truly center. What your suggesting would take being several mil off. I've got much better craftsmanship than that.

trek97 said:
See there I learned something. Very good then...do it, do it, just do it.
Ha. That said, I had already contacted Mr E before I posted last night to see about the sleeve. ;) There's a company in Virginia that sells metric tubing of 72mm ID x 80mm OD (exactly what I need), but that's buying and shipping 3m of tubing from Virginia. Ain't gonna happen. I only need 9mm.

eric have you tried metal supermarket

they may have a chunk somewhere in there system

i buy metric tubing from metric metal all the time i can also ask if they will cut me a sample piece

if the have a small piece around they may do it

Yes, Mr E Machining. :eek: I've got a $50 Suzuki roller and some CB750 parts to pick up from him this weekend.

Thanks, Murray. I'll call Metal Superstore. A cutoff would be great.

I guess I missed something. If Mr E can make one...just pay him to make one and quite messing around w trying to buy one.

Got Mr E to do some machining on the rear sprocket and carrier. We cut a stock GPZ sprocket down to make a spacer. Then he machined the draft out of the hub on the carrier. We figured out that the cast on these are nowhere near perfectly concentric. After machining, it is now. He also machined a sleeve to extend the shoulder and accept the offset. New 630 sprocket to match the stock 7fitty.

85dbe83956aa7d8eb51932af6587dc8b.jpg

9ecbd684a95aeac5eb07d310a94c4f87.jpg

ea2f87a48fb88db44d71c27fa7a5af19.jpg

aeabee2de9e72c29f246b241c89b2d79.jpg

Back
Top Bottom